How Did You WEMO That? (Read-Only)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
WEMO Maker Inventor

Re: Burglar Alarm Activation Triggers WEMO Maker Sensor

Sorry, I didn't notice that earlier - the DSC RM-1 is a 12V relay sold by DSC - at almost a 500% markup!  12V is a standard relay for use in cars, they're a couple of bucks.

Looking at that same diagram above it's red/black as shown.  White to Maker "-", Green to Maker "S", yellow no connection.

If you've got a DSC panel and want a real online setup hook up an envisalink card and skip buying the maker.

Then use the eyezon service for web access and alerts.  If you want wemo integration then have a look at my DscServer app along with AutomationManager.  Not only does it give you self monitoring, but this kind of thing - alarm notifications, turning on lights, etc, is very easy without need for additional hardware.  Plus you can hook up your garage door openers and get web control and alerts for those as well.

Anyone that has both AutomationManager (AM) and the DscServer running on android will find that all of the DSC partitions, zones, and status LEDs are available as triggers in AutomationManager's rule engine, as is the ability to send commands back to the DscServer.  For me, if the alarm goes off AM sends me a SMS, an email, and start flashing my outside lights along with the siren.  If the garage door or front door opens AM turns on the outside  lights.  If the basement motion detector is trigger AutomationManager turns on the basement lights.

Thank you, My panel is not DSC..it's an Adeco.
Can envisalink card be hooked up?
WEMO Maker Inventor

Not to my knowledge, sorry.  The envisalink supports the honeywell/vista but my app only supports DSC.

What else can you do with your app?

By the way, I hooked up the relay and maker. Unfortunately the sensor wasn't triggered when alarm went off during test. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

I had set up a rule so that lights go on if sensor triggered.
WEMO Maker Inventor

Apart from being able to see and control your wemos while you're at home, my app runs as a server on an old android phone so you can set up reliable, faster, and more flexible automation vs trying to use the wemo's rules.

I'd split figuring out what's wrong into a few parts:

check if the relay switches on/off when the alarm is triggered/released

check that the wemo triggers when you short - to S - you should see it in the app if it's working

that should also fire any rules you've configured so you can check them too

It should be one of those.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

All worked great MikeP. Thanks much! Now need to figure out how to make wemo switch continuously turn on and off for a few minutes when sensor is triggered