How Did You WEMO That? (Read-Only)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo how to setup control at multiple locations using Amazon Echo or Echo Dot

[ Edited ]

Set up wemo switches at the first location. Program your your devices for any rules you want to run.  Use you Amazon Echo to detect your smart devices.  You will see in the Alexa app your devices.  I set up the devices with my IPad.

At the second location I used my Android phone to setup the WEMO switches.  I also used a alternate email address for that WEMO application setup.  I had purchased a Amazon Dot.  I set it up on my remote network with my amazon account.

I then asked Alexa to find my Smart devices.   

I took my IPad and opened the Alexa app an there under the smart devices was all of my WEMO switches at both locations.

Summary:

I can control on my IPad the Home Location devices using the WeMo App.

I can control on my android phone the Second home devices.

but the Best thing:

I can use my Alexa voice command to turn on or off ALL WEMO devices ( different routers, SSID's, 90 miles apart).

The ability to do this is because the Alexa App gives me the connectivity in the Amazon Cloud... Thanks for that ability, now Belkin fix your app.

Community Manager

Re: Wemo how to setup control at multiple locations using Amazon Echo or Echo Dot

That is an interesting setup. Do you mind sharing a demo video of this in action? Smiley Happy

Community Manager | PC Gamer | Mountain Biker