WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

1 rule to turn on AND off?

Just wondering if I can set 1 rule to turn lights off AND on.,. Is it possible?

Re: 1 rule to turn on AND off?

Yes. Create a new rule and use the on until setting.

Hi hometster

Possible, yes but perhaps not always desirable in my opinion. It's been a long time since I used the rules engine in the WeMo app. As I remember it though if you have your lights set to switch on at say, time "A" until time "B" then if you decide to switch them off and then on again during the "until" period then the automatic off time "B" time will be ignored. This is because the rule will be cancelled until the next "A" time comes around again.

Using two rules, one for on and another for off solves this problem and your lights will always switch off automatically at your chosen time. Not as neat as having one rule to do the job I know, but it does give greater flexibility.

Regards

Pete

** Always kudo people who help you and mark their reply as the solution if they resolve your problem! **

That is no longer the case with "on until" rules.  I have a rule that turns on my lights in the morning and then shuts them off once I'm on my way to work.  I occasionally snooze the lights back to off for a couple minutes with my Echo before turning them on again.  They do still turn off at the prescribed time.

Thanks for the update, airmandan

It has been a long time since I've used the rules in the WeMo app as I said, and I'm glad that you've set my comment to rights to avoid any confusion.

I moved to AutomationManager for IoT ages ago, where I found that I could specify whether a rule is interruptible or not.

Regards

Pete. Smiley Happy

Sorry to be a bit thick, but where exactly is the "on until" option?

Yes, beleive I have seen it somewhere, but for the life of me, can't find it now....?

Thanks.

Hi hometster

I'm afraid that I'm a bit behind with the WeMo app as I've moved over to Automation Manager for IoT so I'd probably give you dis-informatinon if I tried to help you here.

Let's hope airmandan will pick this up and help you.

Regards

Pete

[ Edited ]

Rules, +, Schedule, Select Device and you get a drop down with the folowing options: On until time, On and Off.