WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: 2 WeMo devices won't connect to Google Wifi router

[ Edited ]

Definitely a pain to setup my new wemo mini with Google Wifi.  My old wemo smart plug was just fine.  The new mini has the exact same issues as described above by JeffB.

I've tried uninstalling the app, unplugging my two other google routers so that only the master one is plugged in, rebooting my Pixel Phone with no luck.  Next is to reboot the main router but the family is watching a movie and I don't want to kill it.

I shouldn't have to go through all of this just to get a smart plug working on my network.

edit: Got it working after 2 hours of troubleshooting.  After everything above I tried rebooting the main router (did not work), a couple dozen other reboots, unplugged my older wemo devices (did not work), drained 80% of my phone battery with all of the constaint wifi connecting and disconnecting throughout the setup, and finallt read about someone using an older phone of theirs to complete the setup.  I went an grabbed an old Galaxy S6 and it ran through the setup right away!  

What a pain Belkin/Wemo!!  Please make this a better experience.  The second Google starts making their own I'll be switching.

[ Edited ]

I have the following scenario:

Google WiFi with three wifi points. 3 Echo Dots. 1 Echo. 

All echos working and 1 Wemo coffee makler and 1 Wemo plug working. I was installing 5 Wemo dimmers and 3 wemo switches. After adding a dimmer, I was able to see the dimmer in the wemo app. Alexa was unable to find the dimmer though. I could see that the dimmer was on the 2.4  band. So, I was concerned this was going to be an issue. 

I rebooted the echos - nothing.

I rebooted each wifi point - nothing.

I disabled the wemo skill in Alexa and reenabled - this worked! (And, it saw my previously added wemo devices without re-adding)

So, the issue is between Alexa and Wemo (Alexa can't easily pick up wemo inventory for whatever reason)

Highlighted

i created a guest network through google wifi app and it finally connected first try.