WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Accessory not found

Just purchased a few Wemo Mini plugs after finding out they are compatible with Apple Home. Followed all steps as stated, but I cannot get them to connect. I get a message that says Accessory not Found.

Went through all the reset steps I could find online and still nothing.

Re: Accessory not found

What's the version of your mini?

Hello Laxdad. Have you successfully set up the Wemo Mini through the Wemo App? If so, what's the version of your Wemo App, and the operating system of your handheld device? Does your Wemo device have a HomeKit code sticker on the back?

Please make sure that the firmware version of your Wemo Mini is up to date, as well as the Wemo App. You may check this article on how to connect your Wemo Mini with the Apple Home app.

Elyza – 22075
WEMO Technical Support
Highlighted

@fujitsu29 wrote:

What's the version of your mini?

Hello, fujitsu29. The latest firmware of the Wemo switch mini is 2.00.11143. You can also check the firmware by clicking the pencil icon on the Wemo app then navigate to settings and about.

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

Elyza_P, my app is version 1.22. There is no sticker on any of the outlets I purchased, but the way I understand you don’t need them. I am trying to connect on an iPhone X. But no matter what I try, resetting the plugs, my phone, deleting the app, reinstalling, etc. none of it works. I only bought them because they said they work with HomeKit. Very disappointed. Will probably return them.

We understand your sentiment, Laxdad. Know that we can have our Escalation Engineers assist you further. Allow us to gather more info first.

Do you mean to say you haven't set up the Wemo Mini on your Wemo app? On what part of the setup process are you having challenges with? Make sure you are connecting to the 2.4Ghz network and temporarily turn off your cellular data and Bluetooth while doing the setup process.

Reynaldo - 22029
Wemo Technical Support

I tried calling customer support, I waited for nearly an hour and gave up.

My outlets are set up in the Wemo app and I can control them there. I am trying to connect them to the home app though the Wemo app. They have the green connect button next to them, I click the button and it searches for the “accessory” but cannot find it. They are powered on an are close by. Even in the same room as my router. Under the description on the Wemo app they are called a SWITCH. Is that correct? I thought this was supposed to be an easy process.

@Laxdad

Did you rename it as a Switch or are you referring to the Hardware Info on the App? Let's try to reset and reconfigure the Mini through the WEMO App by following the steps on this article. Make sure to choose the option: Erase all Contents and Settings. Once you're done, try linking it again to the HomeKit App. Let us know of the results.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support
WEMO Maker Inventor

Hmm...  is there any chance the apple version of your app is just as buggy as the android version?

That would make the answer here and the other homekit connection complaints to be:

Our apologies, the homekit setup instructions are not correct - you MUST use the wemo app to set up your wemo device.

Older firmware versions in the mini and dimmer will NOT provide a direct connect to homekit.

Our further apologies as the wemo app is quite buggy and does not always report properly when a firmware update is available.  Please {belkin, you can insert your work around steps here, I don't know them} to force the wemo app to upgrade your wemo device to the correct firmware level.  This will then allow your wemo to be connected to homekit.

Ive done the reset, just as you describe. It didn’t work. I’ve reset the app, deleted my router. All of it. I’ve done the firmware update and it is the latest version WeMo_WW_2.00.11143.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2.

It’s under the product description it refers to it as a switch. But when it’s trying to connect it calls in and outlet. I don’t get it. I logged on once and it randomly said something like Yay, your Wemos are now connected to apple home. They weren’t.