WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

According to wemo phone support the mobile app can only support devices in one location???

I've had a wemo device at my home and another in my studio which is across town from where I live. I have two different ISPs and different networks that the wemos have been working. Back in august I had a problem with my internet and it required me to reset all my passwords AP names. When I tried to reconfigure my wemos they would report successfully being configured but they would not show up in the app after the configuration completed. The devices seem to be showing up as valid ip addresses in my network. They show up as devices when I look at the network on my windows 10 machine at my studio.

When I called support they said that what I was trying to do was impossible. I don't believe it because I had this setup for over a year. I did not get my devices all at once, they were acquired over the course of a year. That means each was added at a different time. I do remember times when a device would be grayed out but when I was on a cellular connection I could always connect.

I told the guy that I appreciated what he was saying but it was completely different than what I had been doing as recently as August of 2018. I asked to moved up to a higher tier of support and hopefully something from the US. I was amused that he suggested I use another phone to control the other lights.

Re: According to wemo phone support the mobile app can only support devices in one location???

Hi, PetterJhon. Are you controlling your WEMO devices with only 1 handheld device, but are under 2 separate locations and separate networks? We'd also like to look into your contact with our support. Please provide us your case number or the email address through email (WemoCares@belkin.com) along with your community username, and the link to this post for reference.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support
Highlighted

Re: According to wemo phone support the mobile app can only support devices in one location???

download lucky patcher app for android : https://www.tricks5.com/download-lucky-patcher/