WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

After power outage, Wemo switches do not connect and all flash amber

I had a power outage and my 2 Wemo light switches and 2 Smart plugs no longer connect to the network.  Have tried resetting them several times with no success.  Please help.

Highlighted

Re: After power outage, Wemo switches do not connect and all flash amber

@auengr82

Hi there! A blinking orange light signifies that your Wemo devices has your Wi-Fi name and password stored, yet is unable to connect to your Wi-Fi. Though it will still follow any rules assigned to it, but you will not be able to control it with the Wemo App. 

BTW, did you set any changes on your Wi-Fi network prior having the setback? You can try to force close the app, clear phone cache, uninstall/reinstall the app, or use another handheld device on reconnecting them back to the 2.4 GHz network. Do you have any other devices aside from your Wemos that has the same issue?

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

Thank you Carl for answering.  The router and WIFI setup did not change prior to the power outage or after.  I swapped out the smart plugs so the lamps are working now  But neither of the light switches work.  I have tried resetting them and restarting them but they are still flashing amber.  I may have not done the reset or restart correctly.  The light switches are for the outside lights so Id like to get them working.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

@auengr82

Does the disconnection happen every time there's a power outage? How often does the outage occur? Try to reboot the router and your WEMO devices. You may also relocate them closer to the router for further observation.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support