WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

All devices not detected

Came down to my home office this morning and all of my wemo minis were not detected. they are just flashing green and orange. Amazon and other wifi devices working perfectly. i have about 20 of these deives in my home an none are working. Called techical support and they didn't have any answers. H-E-L-P!

Re: All devices not detected

I have experienced the same problem.  From what I can tell, the wifi signal to the minis is weak.  The only way I cured my problem was to unplug the minis and re-lug them back in.  Works about 60% of the time.

@Sjames 

Hi there! Rebooting all units is a good call, but may need further checking as to what causes them to disconnect on the network. Dropouts on your local connection from the modem/router, while you're away, or changing some settings on the Wi-Fi network are 2 two main reasons that may have triggered the setback. 

To clarify, do you mean that the LED shows an alternating orange and white light? If yes, this signifies that the units are finished booting up and they're ready for setup. Are you still able to control them via Wemo App with no issues? 

Now, let us try the adjustments below and see if we can get them back to work.

• Reboot all units, including the modem/router. 
  • While rebooting, force close the Wemo App, clear phone cache, or uninstall-reinstall the app. 
  • If the same LEDs will show up, we may need to retry the whole setup process.
  • If you've changed some settings on the Wi-Fi network, they need to be reconfigured with your new router settings. Click here
  • Restoring them back to their default state and reconfigure the settings as a fresh start would be the best shot that we can give to isolate it further.
Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support
Highlighted

Did all what suggested.. all 11 wemo devices are blinking orange. Was there something changed on wemo site that could have affected these devices?

@lostmule

Hi there! A blinking orange light on your Wemo devices signify that they are having difficulties on staying connected to your Wi-Fi network. No reported outages or changes on the Wemo Cloud that may have affected their connection. Are there any non-Wemo devices having the same issue, or any changes made on the Wi-Fi network prior the setback? If there are, we may need to reconfigure the Wemo units with the new router settings to get them back to work. Here's how: http://belkin.force.com/Articles/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting_and_Tutorials/7076. 

If none, let's have our Escalation Engineers look into this further by sending us the necessary info mentioned above. They're the best people that could help us on this matter. 

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support