WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Android L support

@rainor If I were you, I would just return it. I mean this is a major release of Android and they are just ignoring it. I highly doubt Android will get much support from them since they seem to be responsive to iphones only. It's not like it takes much to get an already written app to install on a newer version of the OS. The app works on Android L when you have the app installed on 4.4.4 and upgrade to 5.0 so it's not an app issue, it's an install issue. So that's basically all new customers who would have an issue, so you can figure out how much Belkin cares about new Android customers.

Actually, an upgrade to Lollipop will remove the app from your device (unless you have a rooted device and can restore data).  We lost it on each and every device that has upgraded to Lollipop...which is all of our devices.  I have two new Wemos I cannot setup at all.  So the solution is I need to buy an iPhone?  Pathetic.

Community Manager

Hi Everyone,

App is releasing today.  If you run into any problems let me know.

http://community.wemothat.com/t5/Discuss-WEMO/New-Ap-Release-Android-1-10-1/m-p/5488#U5488

Regards,

Robert S.

Belkin Technical Support

While this may sound like a **bleep** thing, the link shows no "support" for 5.0 while mentioning a bug fix for 5.0.  So, is 5.0.x supported?

Supports Android 4.0.x, 4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x, 4.4.x

Release Notes:

• Fixed critical issue that prevented app launch on Android 5 (Lollipop)

Community Manager

Typo on my part.  Thank you for pointing that out.  I updated the postings.

Regards,

Robert S.

Belkin Technical Support

I can confirm it installed on 3 Nexus devices running Android L.  

The app looks slicker at start-up.  I can't do much more since I'm not at home and must reset everything to get it to recognize my devices while I'm away.

Looks the same as the older version of the app. Nothing new here, just took them a long time to fix a "critical bug."

Highlighted

i cant install the app while lucky patcher apk is installed on my android device ! please help me fix it !