WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Android L support

I installed the preview version of Android L and tried to install the Android WeMo app but I keep getting a 'Unknown error code during application install: "-505"' I assume that the android app is not updated for Android L. Any timeframe of when the app will be updated?

Re: Android L support

The WeMo App for Android is not yet updated for the Lollipop version (Android 5.0) since this version is initially available on a small number of devices, namely Nexus 5. I'm pretty sure the Belkin engineers are busy working on an update, though.

[ Edited ]

Actually it's only out as a preview for developers for the Nexus 5 and Nexus 7(2014). With the official rollout of the Nexus 6 and Nexus 9, there will be more devices. Motorola has announced plans to update their devices. I'm sure the rest of the Android manufacurers will follow suit. Another question is will there be support for The Nexus Player?

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do you want to integrate the Nexus Player on the WeMo? If that's the case, I don't see how we can do it. Maybe turn it (nexus Player) on and off via the WeMo?

I mean will the WeMo android app work on the Nexus Player.

The WeMo spec says it supports Android 4.0 and up but I think there will be some adjustments/update needed in the current WeMo app version before it will support the new Android 5.0. I mean, whenever a new operating system is out, incompatibility issues arise in most (if not all) apps and programs. I'm sure WeMo will support Android 5.0 but let's give them a little time to adjust.

Yes I am well aware of the fact that it's a new OS and it will take time to adjust for it. That's why I asked for clarification as to how long it will take for Belkin to get a new version out. Android L has been in preview for developers since July so I would hope they have been working on it already and not waiting until the full OS release to start.

So Android L has been released. Nexus 5, 6, 7, 9, and player are all with Android L. Moto X also has Android L.  So How long is Wemo going to take to get out a working app for Android L? 

WEMO Maker Inventor

My apps on google play all run fine on Android 5 (Lollipop):

• WemoManager - run your own server in place of the Belkin cloud servers and IFTTT for a faster and more reliable rules engine and remote access w/ multiple location support
  • WemoHome - fast detection and control of your wemos when at home, includes widgets.
  • WemoLEDs - a new app to for WemoLink and LED bulbs, it works with the GE bulbs too
Mike
Reliable and secure (Belkin cloud-free) home automation and remote access:
AutomationManager/HomeBridge/WemoLEDs/WemoHome/MoreInfo

It's sad that this topic has been around for almost a month now and not a peep from the people at Belkin. It's not like this requires a whole new app, it's just an incremental update to make it work for an OS update. If private developers can get their stuff updated, why can't Belkin get it done? I mean they have an iOS update but they don't have an update for something that is broken on the Android side. Makes me wonder if Belkin really even cares about the Android side of things. I will stop buying Wemo products and stop recommending them to friends as a means of home automation with the lack of support from Belkin.