WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Android app randomly sucking battery

Please see these screenshots: http://m.imgur.com/tSlgFjt,qRKSQmU

Basically I left my fully charged phone unplugged overnight – normally my phone only drops 1 or 2%. Without touching my phone at all, Wemo app drained a high percentage of my battery. This only happened twice, but it makes me wonder if I want to risk it by keeping the app installed. Is there any similar reports around? Any fixes?

Thanks!

Re: Android app randomly sucking battery

Hi, znoxwl. No reported issues similar to this case. Were you able to further isolate this by downloading the Wemo app on another smartphone and check if it behaves the same? If the Wemo app is running in the background overnight, then it'll consume the battery of your smartphone even if you don't use the app often. However, you still have the option to force close the appto save your battery's life.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support

The interesting thing is it clearly shows it ran in the background for 0 minutes. It's a freak occurrence from what I gather – couldn't reproduce this except the rep incidents.

What rules have you created on the app, znoxwl? Also, how many Wemo devices are connected in your home network? If you may, we'd like to have our Escalation Engineers investigate on this further. Email us at WemoCare@belkin.com with your contact details (name, phone #, country/state), and the link to this post.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support

I've also noticed high battery drain by the Wemo app. It's always on the top of the most battery draining apps on my phone (Samsung Note 5).

I was wondering if having rules (like turn on and off certain time of the day) make the app use more battery? I currently have 5 Wemo devices connected with 2 rules.

Any help would be appreciated.

Highlighted

Saved rules shouldn't contribute to battery drain, next_milenium. Just make sure the Wemo app is not always running in the background. This incident may also be caused by the mAh capacity of your phone/tablet. For now, kindly observe this same situation to a different device (preferably one that has a higher mAh).

Kloe-21503
WEMO Technical Support