WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Anybody having issues with Cost per kWh resetting on WeMo Insight??

[ Edited ]

I set my Cost per kWh and Save it but then when I go back and look at the device, the Cost per kWh always resets back to $0.111.  Anybody else having this issue?  The app is version 1.18 (430002) and the insight is Firmware WeMo_WW_2.00.10966.PVT-OWRT-InsightV2

(Sorry for dup post, first one was in ideas by accident, can't figure out how to delete)

Re: Anybody having issues with Cost per kWh resetting on WeMo Insight??

@nikconwell

Was this working fine before? Have you tried resetting the Wemo Insight Switch? If you haven't, we suggest that you do, here's how. Also, before you reset it, try to Force Close the app and check if it'll make any difference.

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

Hi, thanks very much for the reply!  This is a brand new WeMo Insight so this is how it's working out of the box.  After installing the app originally I was notified that there was a pending firmware update so I followed instructions and did that.  I've tried a Force Close on the app but the issue still persists.  I'll try the switch reset tonight when I'm home and will let you know how that goes.  Thanks again for your help.  -nik

Hi. Just did the reset. Unfortunately the same situation. What's the next thing to try? Thanks in advance for your help.

@nikconwell

Thank you for trying that out. Allow us to forward your case to our 2nd level Support Team so our Escalation Engineers can work with you and conduct a further diagnosis with this issue. Please e-mail us the following details at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can open a ticket for you in our system:

• Full Name:
  • Phone Number:
  • Location (state/country):
  • Community username:
  • Link to this Community post (for reference):

We look forward to hearing from you.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

Thanks very much Dennis.  I've submitted the e-mail to the support team.

Hi, Im having same issue. I have 2 Wemo insight switches and I cannot set the Cost per KWh. After saving my cost, it always resets to $0.093 Im using IOS and thye both have same info. WeMo_WW_2.00.10966.PVT-OWRT-InsightV2. How can I fix this issue?

Hi, I worked through this with the support team.  Ultimately they couldn't recreate the issue on their test devices (at the same level as my IOS and hardware) so they would not escalate it to the DEV team.  I asked them to forward the info in case the DEV team had an idea of what the bug may be or how it may be related.  I haven't heard anything back so I assume they just dropped it.

I did discover that if I use another phone (in this case android) to set the Cost per KWh, that phone is able to make the Cost stick in the device so that when I go to IOS and look at things, the cost is as I had set it.  If I change anything on IOS it will reset the cost, but at this point I haven't needed to change anything else so it's been OK.

-nik

Hello, sroghen. What's the current version of your Wemo app? Is it up to date? Try to uninstall/re-install it and set the Cost per KWH again. If you encounter the same issue, e-mail us your full name, phone number, location, community username and the link to this community thread for our reference at WemoCares@belkin.com. We'll have our Escalation Engineers work with you and conduct further isolation.

We'll be waiting.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

App Info is 1.18.1(430011).

Using Iphone 6, IOS 10.2.1 (14D27)

Update:

Thx for the poster who suggested to use Android App.

I did just that and now it sticks.