WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Anybody having issues with Cost per kWh resetting on WeMo Insight??

I'm having the exact same issues. Everything is up to date as of right now. iOS app, ios, WeMo firmware etc. seems like maybe our devices are defective if they can't replicate it and we all have the same issues. Maybe you'd like to exchange ours for news ones. These ones have a real problem. Support should care enough to replace a faulty device.
Expert

Hey there, Giantishere.

What Wemo device do you have? Have you tried resetting it to its defaults and reconfigure from scratch? Also, to further isolate the setback, try using different handheld devices -- iOS and Android -- and see if the behavior persists.

Harvey - 21598
WEMO Technical Support

Hi just bought the insight switch and I am having the same problem can’t change the rate, it’s more than six moths since this post first started obviously you guys have done nothing to resolve this, not much of an “insight” switch then is it. Mine is fresh out of the box with all the firmware updates done how extemely disappointing, this just adds to many other diapointing things about what seems now to be an over priced switch poorly engineered with features that don’t work.

The "fix" for me was to use an android app to set the values.  That version makes things stick.  

The support team was hesitant to escalate this issue to the devs since they couldn't recreate it in their support environment.  I have a screen video recording of it happening on IOS but that wasn't good enough.  I asked that at least they give this as an FYI to the dev team since it may jog something with them, but I'm guessing this hasn't happened.  Possibly their management gives them a hard time about filing unsubstantiated bugs to the dev team.

So I go buy an android phone to fix this issue? I don’t think so, that is not an adequate fix but thanks for the tip anyway.

Yeah, not exactly the most convenient.  I know somebody with an android phone so I got them to set it for me.  Once set I've found I haven't needed to adjust it.

This might be too big of a hassle but you could look into using one of the free android emulators on a PC to run the app.  Yes, big hassle when this should just work from the IOS app..

Yeah cheers but as you say it should work straight out of the box. I’ve tried contacting support but I’m sure with out me saying anymore you can imagine what help they have been ....

Hello, Michaelgg! We'd like this to be sorted out. What steps have you done so far regarding this issue? Please email us at WemoCares@Belkin.com along with your contact details, community username, and the link to this community thread for reference and we can have our Escalation Engineers assist you further.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

Hi, i have the same problem, with 1 Wemo everything Ok, but as I add another the KWH cost always resets to $0.111 I am using iphone app

@gacostaesparza wrote:
Hi, i have the same problem, with 1 Wemo everything Ok, but as I add another the KWH cost always resets to $0.111 I am using iphone app

Try to use a different handheld device (iOS or Android) and check if the issue still persists.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support