WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Anyone else noticing this problems?

hello,

For the past week or so, I've had intermittent problems with my WeMo devices. All of them. Sometimes they're just really slow with my Google Home or Alexa (only at certain times!) and other times they will not work at all. During those same times my assistants can't access them, neither can my app. I have a slightly complicated network setup, but I have a feeling it's not the culprit from extensive testing I've done.

I currently have all my IoT devices connected via their own VLAN. There is no segregation besides the DHCP range between that and the Native VLAN for my computers/phones/tablets. I use an IGMP Proxy and mDNS to forward things between the LANs. The issue I experience is only periodic, but other devices such as Chromecasts, Hue hub, Ring doorbell, etc... all function as they should. I even went as far as to put a WeMo on my primary LAN, and that too had problems.

I'm starting to think WeMo has been having troubles recently, maybe with the influx of users whom bought products over the holidays? I'd think they're all mellowed out by now, but who knows. As I write this my Google Assistant is able to turn on WeMo devices almost instantly, but the App can't see the devices.

Any further troubleshooting and/or comments are welcomed. I'm open to opinion. I'm about to go back to a flat network because of this. If you're experiencing problems too, it'd be nice to know!

Re: Anyone else noticing this problems?

Hi, samsondaniel. May we know the model numbers of the Wemo devices? How far are the Wemo devices from the router? When the devices disappear from the Wemo app, what’s the status of their LED indicators?

Please make sure that the Wemo devices and your smart device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. You can also try to uninstall/reinstall the Wemo app to ensure that you have the latest update. Using a different smart device is also recommended to isolate the issue.

You may email us your reply at WemoCares@Belkin.com with your username, the link to this post, and your contact details (name, city/state, and phone number) so that we can have our Escalation Engineers assist you. We hope to hear from you soon.

Reil – 22071
Wemo Technical Support

I have two wemo switches and THEY were both wonky after the last update. Both are within 15 feet of the router. Things were so bad I had to reset both of my switches and start from scratch. That worked for a few days. However, last night one closest to the router did not shut off per the Rule. No changes made to Rules in a long time.

Expert

Hello Longrower,

We'd like to look into this. Are there any delay in the Rule or the Rule doesn't trigger at all? Try disabling/enabling the Remote Access to refresh the time settings of the Wemo. If that doesn't work, you may also uninstall/install the Wemo app and delete/recreate the rule.

Reynaldo - 22029
Wemo Technical Support

Hey, I have an iphone 8 and
I installed ios 12 beta version to show to my audience then i downgraded it to ios 11.4
again after that xos launcher was not working on my phone, RRB Group D Exam city

Thanks  

I am experiencing issues with the WeMo app, too. My switches and outlets have worked great for a year and a half and within The last 72 hours I can’t keep any of them connected for very long at all. The router is within 10 feet of the switches and outlet. Would love to have some help in making sure these work like they used to.

@Bigdeeman2004 Make sure that you're using the latest Wemo App version and that the Wemo devices are running on the latest firmware. Were there any changes made in the network? Try resetting one of the switches and reconfigure it. Observe if the same thing happens.

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support

Thanks, Roslyn. Appreciate. I did make some changes to my network, only move a access point that they not connected to. They had been working for a couple of days, but seem to be lost again. None of the device lights suggest disconnection. I did, however, reboot all of the devices to factory settings and started from scratch. No dice. Please help.

[ Edited ]

@Bigdeeman2004

What's the LED status on your WEMO devices right now? Please try to reset the devices through the WEMO App by following these steps on this link. Make sure you choose the option: Reset Wi-fi Settings as the old setting must have still been stored on the devices. If those won't work, please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with an updated list of your contact details and we can have your case escalated to our 2nd Level Support for further diagnosis. Do not forget to include mentioning your community username, and the link to this post for reference.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support