WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

App crashes during setup

[ Edited ]

So my router broke and I got a new one. Before that my WeMo stuff worked great, no problems. However, since I have my new router it's been an absolute hell.

I reset my WeMo link thinking I could just connect it to the new network. Nope. At first I'd get errors in the iOS app that no wifi networks could be found and when I'd manually enter in my SSID and password it would say the password was incorrect. When returning to the password screen it would have removed the last character of my password. For example, my password was something like "password01" but upon returning after the "incorrect password" error it would display my entered password as "password0".

I've done another reset of the WeMo link, reinstalled the WeMo app and now it seems to work slightly better. But only slightly. I connect to the WeMo wifi network, it finds my normal wifi network, I select it and enter my password. Now it starts connecting, and after about 10 seconds the app just crashes. Every time I try, boom, crash.

I have a WeMo Link F7C031uk and am using the latest iOS app.

Re: App crashes during setup

@lepel

To isolate, download the Wemo App on a different handheld and check if the same challenge recur from there. Also, what's the Wemo App version on your device? We'll sort this out. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

Apologies for the late reply, any and all emails from this website seem to end up in my spam box, I'm using a hotmail address.

I don't have a different device to test this on, I only have my iPhone. I'm on the latest version of the iOS app, which is 1.18.1

Highlighted

@lepel

We'd like to hand you over to our Level 2 Support team for further assistance, shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have this matter taken care of. Please include your phone number, location, username, and link to this thread. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support