WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

App crashes during setup

[ Edited ]

So my router broke and I got a new one. Before that my WeMo stuff worked great, no problems. However, since I have my new router it's been an absolute hell.

I reset my WeMo link thinking I could just connect it to the new network. Nope. At first I'd get errors in the iOS app that no wifi networks could be found and when I'd manually enter in my SSID and password it would say the password was incorrect. When returning to the password screen it would have removed the last character of my password. For example, my password was something like "password01" but upon returning after the "incorrect password" error it would display my entered password as "password0".

I've done another reset of the WeMo link, reinstalled the WeMo app and now it seems to work slightly better. But only slightly. I connect to the WeMo wifi network, it finds my normal wifi network, I select it and enter my password. Now it starts connecting, and after about 10 seconds the app just crashes. Every time I try, boom, crash.

I have a WeMo Link F7C031uk and am using the latest iOS app.

Re: App crashes during setup

@lepel

To isolate, download the Wemo App on a different handheld and check if the same challenge recur from there. Also, what's the Wemo App version on your device? We'll sort this out. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

Apologies for the late reply, any and all emails from this website seem to end up in my spam box, I'm using a hotmail address.

I don't have a different device to test this on, I only have my iPhone. I'm on the latest version of the iOS app, which is 1.18.1

Highlighted

@lepel

We'd like to hand you over to our Level 2 Support team for further assistance, shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have this matter taken care of. Please include your phone number, location, username, and link to this thread. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

I just got my wemo plug today and I'm getting the EXACT same thing. Version number, password being cut off, crash, etc. What was the resolution?

Hello, Rkilarski. What's the current version of your Wemo app? Is it up to date? We suggest that you uninstall/re-install the app before you try to set it up again. You can also download the app on a different handheld device for further isolation.

Let us know how it goes.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

Hi Rkilarski,

It took quite some time to get it fixed, it's only been working again for a week. The only way to fix it is by contacting support, as it's something on their server side.

First I talked to a normal customer service rep and they told me to do various things like reset my Link and Switch, forget wifi passwords, disable iCloud backups, etc. but they weren't able to resolve the issue.

They then brought me in contact with one of their engineers and he was able to finally resolve everything. They had to disconnect my devices from their end in their own WeMo cloud, which had the data for my old WiFi network saved. So sadly there is no way for you to fix it yourself, aside of contacting support.

The engineer I spoke to was called Rudolph Aranez and he was a Sustaining Engineer, maybe that can get you somewhere. Here's the reference to my ticket/case, maybe that will help in identiyfing the solution:  ref:_00D306e4T._50034y6Vi7:ref

It sounds like the same problem I’m having, but when I called support they asked for my credit card, address,etc, and told me there was a $1.95 charge.  We you charged for this?  I reached someone in India and asked to speak to someone else to verify. But I was told I was wasting their time, and they hung up on me.  Thanks, Regina

Wow what the hell. No I was not charged anything (they never asked for my details) and both people I spoke with on the phone were very kind and helpful.

I’d try and get into contact with Belkin because it seems like their CS company has some bad apples working there. I’ve worked in CS and saying a customer was wasting my time would have gotten me fired immediately.

Thanks so much!  Sounded funny to me too.  I’ve emailed them.