WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: App crashes during setup

Ugh, now I'm scared too because I just switched ISP so I'll have to setup my WeMo stuff all over again. I'll try to reply to the emails of the engineer that helped me before, hope that he responds.

Same problem here.  I found using the Android app allowed things to get setup.  Once that is done the iOS app is usable.

I managed to get it working without intervention of Belk him. I simply made sure that I forgot all Wi-Fi networks on my phone, then I reset the WeMo link. It still took me two tries because the app crashed the first time, but the second try worked like a charm.

I was having exact same issue on my Apple IOS device. And this is what I found and did to resolved it.

1 - When you create schedule, you will notice app will send notification WEMO need update and it will crash never do update.

2 - Also when you try to add a WEMO device by discovery , I notice app is stuck serching it.

For both issues, remove the app and re-install it. Once reinstalled, do not run the app right away.  Make sure you put your phone in Aeroplane mode and then just turn on WIFI,  No carrier data. or just turn off carrier Data which ever way you like.

I have noticed two behaviours.  

A - When you add a new WIMO device you need to connect the WEMO Switch, by searching it on WIFI, and then you run the APP, and I can see my phone will start using Carrier network instead of Home WIFI because my WIFI is WEMO device itselv which cannot go out of internet ,  and the APP will keep searching WEMO devices , so by turning Carrier DATA off the App will alwasy use home WIFI .

B - When you change schedule some time app wants to update that switch and update take really long, just leave it and don't panic when a switch is not found on app.

I did not went deep insight the packet, I may run WIRESHARK and check whats happening. 

Thanks

Highlighted

I was having exact same issue plus another on my Apple IOS device. I purchased couple of WEMO Switches like 4 years back, hardware version 1.0 and never had a change to install them.  Yestarday I installed all of them.  

And this is what I found and did to resolved it.

1 - When you create schedule, you will notice app will send notification WEMO need update and it will crash and never do update.

2 - Also when you try to add a WEMO device by discovery , I notice app is stuck serching it.

For both issues, remove the app and re-install it. Once reinstalled, do not run the app right away.  Make sure you put your phone in Aeroplane mode and then just turn on WIFI,   or just turn off Carrier Data which ever way you like.

I have noticed two behaviours.  

A - When you add a new WEMO switch you need to connect the WEMO Switch, by searching it on WIFI, and then you run the APP, and I can see my phone will start using Carrier network instead of Home WIFI and it will never search WIFI devices at home, and there is a reason, Phone are smart devices, when they don't see WEMO not able to give network access phone IOS will try to get network from Carrier DATA,  and the APP will keep searching WEMO devices , so by turning Carrier DATA off the App will alwasy use home WIFI .

B - When you change schedule some time app wants to update that switch and update take really long, just leave it and don't panic when a switch is not found on app, I saw it took like 30 minutes and more. 

I did not went and do deep packet inspection, I may run WIRESHARK and check whats happening.  

Thanks