WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

App problem on phone

I have the app installed on 2 android 8 devices, a tablet and a phone. The tablet shows everything okay but on the phone it kept showing firmware update available on my switch device. IO confirmed in hardware info on both tablet and phone that the firmware is current. On the phone I deleted data and cache, restarted phone, einstalled app an now the app opens on the initial screen to add a wemo and I ca't get past that. How do I get the app on my phone functioning again?

Re: App problem on phone

Hi, Johnf,

Please try to forget your home network on your phone then restart the device. Then try to reconnect your home network and reopen the app again to see if you'll get past the initial screen.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

Thank you for your response. It happened that one of my minis needed to be reset so I did it with the phone and my other 2 devices popped up. Unfortunately it shows a firmware update available for my wemo switch to 11057 and my tablet shows the firmware is up to date. hardware info on the phone also shows the switch is at2.00.11057. I'm afraid to accept the update on the phone and mess things up again but it's an annoyance to keep seeing. the update notice pop up.

JohnfPlease know that a firmware update is necessary for your devices (Wemo) to utilize their full and best features. Just a suggestion though, for you not to be confused on which device to update. Please update them one at a time and make sure that each one updates successfully before you update another. Keep us on the loop and give us feedback after.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support

I only have one wemo switch, which is what the firmware update says it is for. The phone app shows the update available but my tablet app doesn't. The update is for version 11057. In the hardware info in the app on both phone and tablet show the switch is already at version 11057. I don't want to take a chance on messing up the switch by accepting the update, since it appears it's not needed. But I'd also like to get rid of the upgrade notice on my phone. Am I missing something?

Noted Johnf. If I may ask, what's the OS version running on your tablet? Is the application on your phone and your tablet the same version? If not, you may need to update one of them. Also, you may try these steps to hide update notifications on your tablet or phone: Open Settings > Notifications > Show Previews > Never.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support

Both devcices are Samsung running Android 8.

Highlighted

Have you tried the workaround given by 

• Location (City/State)
  • Username
  • Link to this Community thread for reference
Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support