WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Automation Manager AKA WemoManager / Great product! - Multiple Location Wemo control

Yes, that's what I already did and yes it's functional so he will have to live with it. I was just looking for a Prettier way to do it without opening up a browser window. Thanks so much for your insights and responses. It's much appreciated

Re: Automation Manager AKA WemoManager / Great product! - Multiple Location Wemo control

You'd probably need some third party HTTP Request Widget but then are back installing a piece of software which you are trying to avoid.

Yes. He doesn't know what fun he's missing. Oh well. On to the next project. Turning a manual brake on the windmill up the hill and behind the house to a motorized brake, controlled by Wemo with full and empty sensors. That stood keep me occupied

Cool. You should post in the "How did you Wemo that?" when you are finished.

http://community.wemo.com/t5/How-Did-You-WEMO-That/bd-p/How_Did_You_WEMO_That

[ Edited ]

Mike, how is it that the bulbs turn on and off much faster with AM? The WeMo app, and the open source software (e.g. Home Assistant) all have that slow fade when turning off. But AM is blazingly fast, how? Trade secret?

WEMO Maker Inventor

It's using the usual link API, no trade secret but that API is tricky to get right (there's a few bugs in the belkin implementation so it doesn't always behave as expected).

Thanks Mike! I thought that I could experiment with a few values through UPnP to reduce the slow fade out, but seems as the API is the way to go. 

[ Edited ]

If someone is looking for a cheap phone for Automation Manager ...Walmart has one here for $9.99

Remember you don't need to activate or carry a contract on the phone.

Highlighted

Just after some general help with getting some of the automation manager stuff working (can't seem to get Set Level working). Is there a forum for AM discussion?
Thanks.
WEMO Maker Inventor

Sure, you can ask here or you can email directly:  help->contact in the app, or there's a contact button on My Site bottom left.