WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Away mode not working at all

I am testing the away mode on my new Wemo Switch and it doesn't seem to work at all.

I set the time interval from 9pm to 11pm, but the light never goes on at all during that time. 

Other rules seem to work properly.

Help?

Jeff

Re: Away mode not working at all

Same here. Since the software update, rules I turned off are still on and rules I have turned on are still off. Rules I have not changed since the update are working fine.

Have you tried to set another time for that? Has that specific feature worked before? You may try to reboot your phone and the device and check if it works after that. You may also try some other time interval if it works. 

If those things dont work, try to reset and reinstall the app. You can get back here and share to us whatever the outcome of your troubleshooting process. The rest of the people reading this might also have their own suggestions.

jmccrack650: Are you managing rules from multiple devices?

No, not managing rules from multiple devices. However, I did the initial setup from a different device since it wouldn't work on my android phone. But since setup I have only used phone for testing rules (and specifically the away mode).

This probably won't help but have you deleted & reloaded app? I had to to do that at one point. Aside from some motion rules I primarily use away mode as the only rule I manage using the Belkin App. I have it working for two locations as well.
Highlighted

I reloaded the app and reset the plug. Wow I is the android app awful. Took about 10 tries to get it setup with android app after reset. I am on android 5.0.1 (nexus 5) in case anyone wonders.

Seems like away mode is working now. At least turned light on/off once so far during my away window.