WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Aways re ordering my devices upon app launch

Whenever I open the WEMO app it looks for the devices on my IPhone 5SE and change the order. It appears to rediscover the devices all the time. This occurs all the time and I must re -order the devices. This does not occur on my iPhone 6. The age also on several times ask if it can access a home data. I say yes and it takes me to the system folder. Where data is is already turned on. Frustrating!

Re: Aways re ordering my devices upon app launch

Sorry for the grammar, fat fingers, auto correct foiled me once again.

[ Edited ]

I have been having the same issue after the last app update. Things are fine on my iPad Mini, but totally messed up on my iPhone 6S. No matter how many times I re-order them, it never stays saved. And I'm experiencing the lag, like it's rediscovering the Wemos each time. It also keeps asking me about allowing data access. Apparently, I'm not the only one experiencing this.

It also seems to be launching the rules one hour later than it should. Like my time zone is wrong in the app for my location. I can't delete the location and specify a time zone. I have to select a new location or leave it as is.

Hi All. May we know if you can still control through the Wemo App? When did you notice this issue? When you say it re-orders, do you mean to say that the Wemo device in the device list was re-arrange? Have you tried force closing the Wemo App if it happens? If not, please try to do so or try to uninstall/reinstall it to see if it behaves the same. You may also try to restart your handheld device for isolation.

Elyza – 22075
WEMO Technical Support

I have had this issue for as long as I’ve had WeMo products, so since at least March 2017. Yes, the device list is rearranged. It stays in that rearrangement until the next time it randomly decides to rearrange wherever the app is force closed or not. The behavior persists across reinstallation and multiple devices.

[ Edited ]

I can cntrol the devices through the app.

It puts the devices in a different order from top to bottom every time I open the app. It won't save any ordering edits.

I have tried not only force close, but I did delete, turn phone off then back on, then reinstalled app and it doesn't fix the problem. I tried the uninstall, phone off/on, reinstall severl times. I answered both Yes and No to allow data access for HomeKit and had the same problem no matter what I answered.

It all started when I installed the last update that enabled the Apple HomeKit for the Wemo Minis.

It is happening on my iPhone 6s, but the app is fine on my iPad Mini. Both have the latest version of iOS.

Just posted in another chat. I am having the same bugs.