WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Bulb Group post iOS10

Since upgrading to iOS10 on a 6s the bulb groups I had setup have gone nuts. When remote every bulb now shows up individually, no groups at all so all rules fail. When home and after refreshing the app the bulb groups are back sometimes other times groups are still a no show.

Rules dont work, owners get pissed and come here to post

Re: Bulb Group post iOS10

Upgrade for iOS10

@CMC_Devildog
Send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com and we'll have this sorted out.

Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support

Thanks, email sent

[ Edited ]

For others benefit I did receive a response from support:

Hi,

Understood. Our latest version of the app currently has a known problem with iOS 10.0.2 since our app is only tested to work with iOS 10.

Our development team is currently working on a solution for this, but we don't have an ETA on when will it be ready. For now, we recommend that you stick with the workaround that works for your setup.

We hope for your patience.

Regards, Wemo Support

Community Manager

Hey CMC_Devildog,

Looks like there was a miscommunication with you and the support agent you were working with.  Can you send me a message with that case number so I can check that out and get the correct info to that agent?

First yes the app should work fine with 10.0.2.

Now about your bulb issue I was actually talking to one of the engineers about this a few weeks ago.  It seems it is this insanely rare issue that could come up.  I've only heard about it once which is what sparked that conversation, you make number two on this.

This issue only happens when controlling the Wemo LED's remotely, which is where you are seeing it, and it seems that there is a communication issue between the Link and the Wemo Cloud Server where the information about the bulb groups is not transmitted correcly so the cloud doesn't realize that the bulbs are part of a group and show individually.

Again super rare for this to happen.

What was suggested was deleting the group while local, switch to a remote connection and try creating the group again.  This should force the cloud to recognize the group since it is responsible for the creation of the group.  Downside of this is deleting the group will erase the rules set up for it so I would leave this up to you on if you wish to do it or not.

Regards,

Robert S.

Belkin Technical Support 

Hi Robert,ck.

Thank you for the info. I will try this and report back. The subject line of the email to support has what looks like a reference number: Subject: Re: Bulb Groups after iOS10    [ ref:_00D306e4T._50034sFspo:ref ]

Hi Robert,

This corrected my issue. Thank you for the help and Im glad you remembered that convo!

Thanks to Kevin for the GREAT support yesterday with my WEMO light bulbs which I have at a vacation home location and use as part of the home security.  I had a lot of problems since the system had been out duet to multiple power losses during a winter storm at this location on the Atlantic Ocean front.  Kevin was very patient since I am not a computer person and made me feel comfortable with the process to reinstate the system.  Than You again for having GREAT customer technical support personnel.  Bill