WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't add WeMo with iOS 10.2 beta

I have my iPhone 7 plus updated to the latest 10.2 beta 2 build and wanted to add another WeMo insight I have sitting around for Christmas lights soon. Well can't add it. I have 10 Wemos already so well familiar with the setup process. Right now if I reset the Insight and then connect to its wifi on my iPhone that works works fine. When you launch the WeMo app normally it supposed to automatically go on setup mode for that WeMo, however that doesn't work. It just shows me my WeMo devices with an error telling me no internet detected.

I tried to unintstall and reinstall the app to clear all the app data and still same thing. I don't have another device or Android to add it and I don't feel like downgrading my iOS since I develop stuff off it.

Sent a note to support a few days ago at least. Haven't heard anything.

Wondering if anyone else has this issue as well.

Dixit

Re: Can't add WeMo with iOS 10.2 beta

I have exactly the same issue: After having performed a facztory reset to a WEMO Insight switch, I cannot add it to the app resp. configure a new WLAN.

iOS is 10.2 beta as well

You had to configure a new WLAN (SSID) just to get around this?  Thats not going to be effective for me, I could do that, but Id rather keep most of it on my normal SSID setup. 

Dixit

Hi Guys

Our fellow WeMo user btadams has highlighted a problem with IOs 10.2 beta too:

http://community.wemothat.com/t5/WEMO-Application/Wemo-light-switch-oddest-thing-ever/m-p/34260

Regards

Pete

I can confirm also that 1.16 didnt fix the issue that I saw get released yesterday or so.  Still cannot add my switch.

Dixit

Community Manager

So standard reply where you guys are going to hate me that it's a beta OS version so you might run into quirks which we technically don't support.  I'd recommend against contacting our support channels for this since not much they can do and will probably upset you guys due to that.

I will forward this thread to our dev guys to see whats up in case Apple changed something on iOS 10.2 that will break the app.

Regards,

Robert S.

Wemo Support

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Understand there, it was more of an FYI to ensure Wemo understand there is either a problem on their side if Apple changed some of the base APIs/Framework, or maybe you all need to contact Apple incase they broke something that they are not aware of.  If it wasnt tested, and 10.2 goes live, you all would be in a world of hurt with people flooding your channels on issues with the app.

Dixit

Community Manager

I hear ya Dixit.  Usually the team is testing on the beta versions because things change very quickly in those Beta OS drops.  We have been ahead of the game before and I haven't heard anything about this particular version but I have shot it out already to see what will come back.

Regards,

Robert S.

Wemo Support

No problem, appreciate it.

Dixit

Just chiming in to let folks know that 10.2 beta3 dropped and that didn't fix the issue either.

Dixit