WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Manager

Re: Can't add WeMo with iOS 10.2 beta

Update from our end.  I did submit this yesterday in the morning and it started a large discussion.  It looks like it was a change in a way 10.2 handles a feature the Wemo App uses.  Our DEV group is reaching out to Apple to get details on the change so they can see what needs to be fixed on our end.

It is being looked at as top priority but I do want to throw it out there that should Apple release a 10.2 release candidate before we can get the fix implemented, tested and sent through Apple's app approval process there could be a point where this will be a much bigger issue than it is now.

For that reason I'm going to sticky this thread at the top of this community so people know we are aware of the issue,  looking into it and will have a fix ASAP.  

Regards,

Robert S.

Wemo Support

Glad you all were able to find the problem, now comes the task of fixing it, hahha.  Im in the software business and fully get this process, its a race as always.

I suspected it was Apple that changed some API or framework, companies like that randomly do this without giving warning to the app developers and they scrambling to fix it, something there is no fix which really sucks.

Dixit

Ok, I was starting to get worried that it was me.
Dixit, so the wemos you added before you installed beta worked just fine?
It's my first wemo and I have the beta. I'm thinking the long route would be to downgrade, install the wemo, install the beta again. Technically that will work, right?

Yes my existing 7 Wemos working just fine, no issues there.  Installed and setup on your wifi network they are fine.  Even if you uninstall and reinstall the Wemo App they will continue to show up on your app as they were configured.  Its just you cant add the new one without downgrading or an Android OS I presume (which I no longer have, may borrow my moms Android tablet just for this if it bugs me enough, but I can wait for now).

Dixit

Community Manager

Update:

We submitted 1.16.1 to the App store this morning so it should be up in a few days after it goes through the approval process.

Regards,

Robert S.

Wemo Support

Good deal. Appreciate it. 

I can confirm after downling 1.16.1 it has fixed the problem, was able to add my Wemo Insight and worked as designed just like it used to work (the entire setup process) like it did on iOS 10.1 and 1.16.

Good work Wemo.!

Dixit

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I've been following the topic but have never posted before--just wanted to register and share my experience--

First, thanks for providing the 1.16.1 update to try to resolve an issue on a beta build of iOS--that is really appreciated.  Unfortunately, I am still unable to add new WeMo devices under iOS 10.2 Beta on iPhone 7 Plus.  It does get further through the process than before--on 1.16 the WeMo App would not even show the list of Wi-Fi networks during setup.  It does get to that point now, but right at the last step after entering the Wi-Fi password, the app either crashes and wipes all the settings out--making me reset the WeMo device and try again, or, just after entering the Wi-Fi password into the app to complete the setup, after a while on the green screen that says "looking for WeMo devices on the network" in the WeMo app, it gives an error about losing the connection and says to connect to the WeMo network and try again.  The WeMo switch itself briefly acts like it made a successful connection (the Wi-Fi light stops blinking for ~20-30 seconds), but shortly thereafter it goes back to flashing amber.

I've rebooted iPhone, reset network settings, deleted and re-installed the WeMo App, reset the WeMo to factory defaults several times, but I cannot get past the last step of setup.  I don't have any other mobile devices at home currently, so I may restore to iOS 10.1 to get it set up properly in the mean time since I don't think I'll have access to another mobile device for a few days.  

Is this still a known issue?  Is there any other information I could provide that would be useful?

Thanks,

Andrew

One piece I did was uninstall and re-install the WeMo app.  I have the same iPhone 7 plus running on latest iOS 10.2 beta 3 i think. 

Uninstalled Wemo app (which deletes the app data too), and reinstalled it.  Then got it to work.  Initially after adding the wemo, it takes you to your list of devices, mine never showed up for some reason (the new one).  Then after uninstalling it and re-adding it, it seemed to show it.

Dixit

Highlighted

Another side issue possibly. I added another WeMo Lifht switch and it added just fine however it refuses to update to latest firmware. It continues to stay on 2.00.9950. All other devices are 2.00.10885.

I've even tried my old iPod touch 5th gen running 9.3.5 and it doesn't show a newer firmware.

Tried to reset the switch again to defaults and reconfigure it and still nothing.

Again switch works fine. Just sitting on older firmware compared to my other 11 devices.

Dixit