WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't delete a unit that I no longer use

Hi All,

I used to have a WeMo Switch, but I replaced it with a WeMo Insight Switch...

So now I'd LIKE to delete my old entry in the WeMo app, but I can't seem to do that. I can only hide it, and when I do, it invariable re-appears...

Is that a bug? When you click on "Edit", it doesn't appear to be working properly. Yes, I've deleted and re-installed the app. Have the latest version as well (v1.8.0.1 (20010))

- Thanx

- Jon

WEMO Maker Inventor

Re: Can't delete a unit that I no longer use

If the old WeMo is still connected to your wireless network it will still show up. If unplugged from the network you will get a chance to hide it. That is basically the same a deleting it. If you sell the old WeMo be sure let Belkin WeMo support know so they can remove it from the database.

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Belkin
Communities Technical Support

Hm. I've hidden it several times, but it keeps showing up...

It's not plugged into the network.

- Jon

WEMO Maker Inventor

If the WeMo is unplugged from power and still shows up in you App after hiding it. Please send a Problem Report by email with subject "Unplugged Hidden WeMo problem" and in the body mention something like:

• Unused WeMo unplugged and hidden in App continues to unhide.

To send the report go into "Tell Us What You Think" and select "Report a Problem".

Please reply if you plan to do this and then I will notify Belkin engineering to expect the report.

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Belkin
Communities Technical Support

Wemo link and light bulbs sent back to Belkin but the link still shows up and will not stay hidden how do I delete this device?

Expert

@Hagedjc

Please email your contact information to wemocares@belkin.com including your Community username & the link to this thread.

Winber - 28302
Wemo Technical Support

This is an old post that I cam across as I had the same problem.  I was using WEMO App on an Android device and I went to manage applications and deleted the data and cache for the WEMO App.  I got a warning message that I was deleting the data base but I went ahead anyway.  When I started the WEMO app again, it discovered my devices (I assume rebuilt the data base) and the device that was no longer in use was gone.  This makes sense, since if you were to get a new tablet and download the WEMO app fresh, it would have to build it's database from scratch.  I'm not sure if WEMO support will accept this as a solution but it appears to work.