WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't enable remote access (IFTTT and Google Assistant)

My wemo dimmer always lost remote access (IFTTT and Google Assistant) when there was a power outage in my home, only the App worked when this happened. I used fixed this problem reseting the wifi info on my wemo dimmer and everything came back to work, it was a pain but it only happened 4 times a year.

Last time this happened I did the same procedure but only IFTTT came back to work, but Google Assistant did not, it keeps saying that could not reach wemo.

So I reset everything (Wemo dimmer factory reset, unlink google assistant from wemo and remove IFTTT applets) and now I can't connect anything.

IFTTT shows page not found when I try to enable inside the wemo app and google assistant can't find my wemo dimmer.

I' am using a Google Pixel First Gen with latest Android ( 9/PIE )

Re: Can't enable remote access (IFTTT and Google Assistant)

Hi, thiagohk. Is the remote access enabled on the WEMO App? What App version are you currently running on? Try to check that the firmware of the WEMO Dimmer and your Google Assistant is also updated. For further observation, try to set the IFTTT and linking the Google Assistant on a different handheld device if the same behavior occurs.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Hi,

Yes the remote access it's enabled.

The App version is 1.21 (170)

The firmware of my wemo is WeMo_WW_ 2.00.11060.PVT-OWRT-Dimmer.  Hardware version V1.

I was able to link my firend's phone in IFTTT, it seems an issue with Android 9, but I did'nt had the chance to test google assistant in another device.

For the google home/assistant I was able to make it work. It seem that there is two ways of doing that, and one of them does'nt work (the one that I was trying).

When you access the Settings in the google assistant there are some tabs, if you go to the tab Assistant -> Home control -> Add (+) then you select WeMo from all the integrations list, it works.

If you have the google home app instaled there is another tab called Home where you can also add devices, but seems it does a scan on network looking for devices, but it seems WeMo it's not prepared to this scan or google didn't itegrate with WeMo, so it doesn't find anything. It's also possible to open the google home app directly and add a device, but it does the same scan thing.

@thiagohk wrote:

For the google home/assistant I was able to make it work. It seem that there is two ways of doing that, and one of them does'nt work (the one that I was trying).

When you access the Settings in the google assistant there are some tabs, if you go to the tab Assistant -> Home control -> Add (+) then you select WeMo from all the integrations list, it works.

If you have the google home app instaled there is another tab called Home where you can also add devices, but seems it does a scan on network looking for devices, but it seems WeMo it's not prepared to this scan or google didn't itegrate with WeMo, so it doesn't find anything. It's also possible to open the google home app directly and add a device, but it does the same scan thing.

Got that. thiagohk. If possible, we can try to use another android device to replicate the configuration, and check if that'll make any difference so we can isolate this matter further. Please make sure that the android version is running on its latest version. In addition, please be informed that our support for Google assitant is limited as we are not trained for it. BTW, we'd like to clarify if you mean to say that if the Google assistant stops working with the Wemo device, does it not scan the Wemo device when you integrate it again?

If this doesn't work after several times of integrating the Wemo device, please send us an email at wemocares@belkin.com so we can file a ticket on this case to have you further assisted by our escalation engineers. Send us these following details:

• Name/Username
  • Contact number
  • Make and model of the handheld device used inclding OS version
  • Link on this thread

Thank you.

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support