WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can’t update firmware for Osram Lightstrip

I have two Sylvania LED Lightstrips paired to my WeMo Link. One is on firmware version 03, and the other is on version 01. The latter prompts for a firmware update but it never installs successfully. I have tried:

Reinstalling the app.
Powering off the lightstrip by unplugging it.
Using another device to run the update.

It all fails. Additionally, because turning remote access off and on again is the only way to force a firmware update check, I now have four disabled devices in the remote access section of the app that I can’t delete.

Request for support:
1) help me with the firmware update
2) delete stale devices from the remote access section of the app

My app is iOS v 1.18.1. I am running iOS 11.1. Fully up to date across the board.

Re: Can’t update firmware for Osram Lightstrip

Hello, airmandan.

We can have your case forwarded to our 2nd Level Support Team for the removal of the disabled devices from your app. Send us an email via WemoCares@belkin.com -- inlcude your full name, phone number, home address, and the link to this thread for reference.

Regarding the firmware for your Lightstrips, we suggest that you contact OSRAM Sylvania as they can provide you with the firmware list.

Harvey - 21598
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

No, they can’t. It is paired to the WeMo Link. The WeMo app must update its firmware.

I also don’t have a case regarding removing disabled devices from the app.

Were you meaning to reply to another post?

[ Edited ]

We were referring to your 2nd request, airmandan. Also, with regard to the firmware, if you're referring to updating the FW of a Wemo device then this link should be of help. However, if it's the FW of the lightify strips, as 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support
Highlighted
WEMO Maker Inventor

Princes_C wrote:

However, if it's the FW of the lightify strips, as 

I don't mean to butt in except airmandan already said it and I don't think you understood.  But now I'm becoming concerned.

Many of us have OSRAM devices paired to a BELKIN WEMO LINK!  As per your (Belkin's) recommendation.  How would sylvania be able to help us with a firmware upgrade?  Any firmware upgrade must come through YOUR cloud and the WEMO LINK, nothing can come from sylvania except through you. 

The task here is that YOU (belkin) must get in touch with Sylvania and let us know how and when this firmware upgrade will happen.

@Princess_C: @MikeP is correct. It is the WeMo app failing to install the update. The problem is with WeMo. You need to escalate this.

Bump. WeMo, what gives? I have been trying multiple times a day to install this firmware update that the WeMo app has for me, and it fails immediately every time.