WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Cannot connect Wemo Mini Smart Plug to Homekit

I just purchased two Wemo plugs, bringing my total to five. The three plugs I purchased previously were setup, updated, and added to Homekit without issue. The two I just received I cannot connect to Homekit, however.

I started by setting up each plug and updating their firmware. When trying to connect them to Homekit, I arrive at a screen in the iOS app that says the following: "To begin connecting, please close and relaunch the Wemo app. Then return to this screen." My previous three plugs are at the bottom of the screen with a gray checkmark next to each. The two new plugs are at the top with a grayed-out "Connect" button next to them. Closing and re-opening the app does not help.

IMG_1641.PNG

I have tried the following.

1. Closing and re-opening the Wemo and Home apps. No effect.

2. Restarting the phone. No effect.

3. Power cycling the Wemo plugs. No effect.

4. Reseting the plugs. This includes just a reset of the wifi settings as well as a full reset. No effect for either.

5. Moving the plugs around the house to see if that has some effect. It doesn't.

6. Ensuring both my phone and the plugs are on a 2.4 GHz (not 5 GHz) network. I am 100% certain they are both on 2.4 GHz.

The plugs work fine through the Wemo app, but I would like to get these added to Homekit with the rest of the plugs. For what it's worth, here's the hardware info for one of the plugs.

Product Type: Switch

Hardware Version: v2

Firmware Version: WeMo_WW_2.00.11143.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2

Has anyone else solved this problem?

Re: Cannot connect Wemo Mini Smart Plug to Homekit

I am totally having the same problem!!! Was on hold for an hour and a half waiting while trying all the various steps You tried and then got disconnected!!! This is ridiculous! Everything support page goes to something unrelated too!

My plug just switched off on its own.  I opened up the app and turned it back on. Just for the heck of it I tried to set up HomeKit and it finally added it. Maybe the servers are getting backed up for firmware upgrades and new users adding new mini’s plugs since they are on sale... at least it works now!

TJ

I am having the exact same problem! 3 total mini plugs. The first plug connected to Apple HomeKit, the other two won’t. They are listed as not connected (connect button grayed out). Message says, “To begin connecting, please close and relaunch the Wemo App.” I’ve reset the last two plugs, firmware update, etc, nothing seems to fix the issue. However, Wemo App and Alexa app works fine on all three plugs.
TJ

After reading Petro’s recent post, I went back tried again. He was right, the Connect buttons were enabled and I was able to connect to HomeKit. All three are working fine now.

Weirdly enough I just checked the next morning and I was able to add everything to Homekit just fine. I suppose I just needed to wait.

In Home kit, all I get is the Enter 8 digit code on packaging.