11-26-2018 07:16 PM
I just purchased two Wemo plugs, bringing my total to five. The three plugs I purchased previously were setup, updated, and added to Homekit without issue. The two I just received I cannot connect to Homekit, however.
I started by setting up each plug and updating their firmware. When trying to connect them to Homekit, I arrive at a screen in the iOS app that says the following: "To begin connecting, please close and relaunch the Wemo app. Then return to this screen." My previous three plugs are at the bottom of the screen with a gray checkmark next to each. The two new plugs are at the top with a grayed-out "Connect" button next to them. Closing and re-opening the app does not help.
I have tried the following.
1. Closing and re-opening the Wemo and Home apps. No effect.
2. Restarting the phone. No effect.
3. Power cycling the Wemo plugs. No effect.
4. Reseting the plugs. This includes just a reset of the wifi settings as well as a full reset. No effect for either.
5. Moving the plugs around the house to see if that has some effect. It doesn't.
6. Ensuring both my phone and the plugs are on a 2.4 GHz (not 5 GHz) network. I am 100% certain they are both on 2.4 GHz.
The plugs work fine through the Wemo app, but I would like to get these added to Homekit with the rest of the plugs. For what it's worth, here's the hardware info for one of the plugs.
Product Type: Switch
Hardware Version: v2
Firmware Version: WeMo_WW_2.00.11143.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2
Has anyone else solved this problem?
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-26-2018 07:26 PM
11-26-2018 08:15 PM
My plug just switched off on its own. I opened up the app and turned it back on. Just for the heck of it I tried to set up HomeKit and it finally added it. Maybe the servers are getting backed up for firmware upgrades and new users adding new mini’s plugs since they are on sale... at least it works now!
11-26-2018 08:22 PM
11-26-2018 08:44 PM