01-04-2019 04:06 PM
Hi, Happyeric. Please make sure that the device you are using for setup and the Wemo Mini Smart Plug is on the same WiFi network. Also, try doing the following as a workaround:
i. Power cycle the smart plug by unplugging it from the power source for one minute.
ii. Force close the Wemo app and Home app.
iii. Launch the Wemo app and disable and enable Remote Access.
iv. Enable Home Data.
v. Connect the smart plug to Home app once more.
01-05-2019 03:00 PM
If you're able to control the unit via Wemo App with no issues, it is an indication that is working fine. However, we need to look into this further as to what causes the integration to fail. Let us get you over to our Escalation Engineers by sending us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with following details for further diagnosis:
01-26-2019 01:41 PM
I can't even get that far. It can operate fine from the Wemo App, but I want all my controls from the Apple Home app. After :
>Connect to our Smart Home Partners
>Apple Home app
>Want to Connect to the Apple Home app?
I choose "Directly" and "Wemo Mini Smart Plug" and all I get is a sales page and a button to buy one.
If I choose "Already connected", then
>Don't have a Code or Can't Scan? (Because I don't and I can't)
I'm given a choice of
1. Entering "Manual Code" (I already said I don't have one), or,
2. "If You're Still Having Trouble" then reset.
All is the same as from the top of this message.
I have the latest firmware update. I have reset. I am at a loss.
01-26-2019 05:29 PM
01-26-2019 06:05 PM
01-27-2019 02:58 AM
Hi, Genevieve506. Please revisit the guide in connecting the Wemo Mini Smart Plug to Apple Home app here. Before going through the guide, please do the following
▪ power cycle the smart plug by unplugging it from the power source for one minute
▪ force close both Wemo app and Apple Home app
▪ you may uninstall and reinstall both apps for a fresh start
▪ make sure that you can control the Wemo Mini Smart Plug using the Wemo app locally and remotely
▪ Enable Home Data
▪ make sure that the smart plug have the latest firmware version 2.00.11143
▪ make sure that the handheld device has the latest iOS
Hope this helps.
01-27-2019 06:05 PM - edited 01-27-2019 06:29 PM
I've tryed all these things and have the same problem. I have a v2 Wemo, Scanned the code, and says its Uncertified.
It works on the ipad, not the phone. WHY.
01-28-2019 02:27 AM
That's odd Tails_Era. Did you try manually inputting the code after it failed to scan on your phone? What's the OS version of the handheld device (phone)?