WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot enable remote access WeMo switch7B6

Set up the WeMo switch, connected to it with iOS, upgraded to most recent firmware, opened ports that I found it the post, still will not enable remote access.

Ports:

3475 TCP

3478, TCP&UDP

5228 TCP

8443 TCP

8080 TCP

Mikrotik RB750UP, Routerboard OS 6.22

Anyone have any ideas?

Thx

/d

Re: Cannot enable remote access WeMo switch7B6

Can your switch be seen by the IFTTT website?

Is this Wifi router directly connected to net or is this somewhere else on your home LAN?

When you said that it will "not enable remote access", do you mean that the App will not let you do it (grayed out) or is it just that the devices are not being detected when you do remote access? Are you doing remote access via Wi-Fi or mobile data? Try to install the App on another handheld device to check if it will have the same result.

If it doesn't have that 'grayed out' problem. You may try to disable and re-enable the remote access manually. Here's a link that will help: http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=70952

When I select the 'Enable Web Access on the WeMo app on iOS, it churns for a while and says 'Cannot enable remote acces, try later"

RB750UP router connected to the Internet, Unifi AP connected to router, WeMo connects to router, updates firmware without issue but will not enable Remote Access.

/d

As a quick test I would probably open up all ports for the device to see if issue was due to my local ACL's or with Belkin Wemo server itself.
Community Manager

canpandave,

If you PM me the MAC address of your WEMO(s) I can check on the cloud and see if they registered themselves.  I had an error myself when adding a new WEMO that it said remote access not enabled but after a few minutes it was.

You can get the MAC address info from the More tab (system menu in Android) and then tell us what you think > report a problem.

Regards,

Robert S.

Belkin Technical Support

Err Robert, I am in iOS, not Android.

MAC: 94:10:3E:2F:3A:ED

..and where do I find "tell us what you think > report a problem"?

I had a similar issue, i.e., I was not able to re-enable remote access.  I have one WEMO switch and two WEMO light switches.  I reset the WiFi settings on one of the devices (the switch) and then reconfigured the WiFi (back to my home WiFi).  Once I did this reconfiguration the remote access was enabled automatically.  Note that I did not need to reset the WiFi for all three WEMO devices.  I only did it for the one device. Remote access was enabled for all devices after completing the one reconfiguration.

Good luck.

- Bob

I reset the WiFi settings on one of the devices (the switch) and then reconfigured the WiFi (back to my home WiFi).  Once I did this reconfiguration the remote access was enabled automatically.  Note that I did not need to reset the WiFi for all three WEMO devices.  I only did it for the one device. Remote access was enabled for all devices after completing the one reconfiguration.

THANK  YOU!

I've been fighting to get remote access working again after a major network change in our house.  Although all my Wemo units were working perfectly while on local WiFi, the remote access feature absolutely refused to activate.

I did exactly this tonight and blammo....remote access activated again.   Smiley Happy