WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
j9f

Connecting to IFTTT

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if so how they got over it.

I had to reset my phone and have been trying to reconnect my WeMo app to IFTTT. been trying for a couple of hours now and getting nowhere. I did not have 2 step verification set up in IFTTT to begin with. In the WeMo app I went to the 'connect to smart home partners' bit and selected IFTTT. I got to a screen with a pin and a connect button. That took me to the IFTTT login screen where i entered my username and password. I was then asked for a 6 digit two-step verification code. I couldn't get past this so I went back to my IFTTT account and switched on 2 step verification, using Google Authenticator. I know it was working because I now need it to log into IFTTT (tried it on a couple of laptops). I went back through the process of connecting WeMo to IFTTT. Got to the 2 step verification part again and got my code from Google Authenticator. IFTTT wouldn't accept it. Tried taking 2 step verification off again but was still asked for it so put it back again.  

I'm assuming that this can't be an IFTTT problem because I can log into that elsewhere or on the same device. The WeMo app is working ok because I can turn my swtches on and off. I have already gone through a few re-installs of the app to get the switches to work so I don't want to go through it again for this unless absolutely necessary. 

Just wondering if anyone here has experienced this sort of thing and if they managed to get over it. 

Re: Connecting to IFTTT

[ Edited ]

Hi @j9f.

Before integrating Wemo to IFTTT make sure that your Wemo device has the latest firmware version, and your Remote Access was enabled. When you said 6 digit code, are you referring to the generated PIN? Also, did you receive any error message?

You can refer to this support on integrating Wemo device to IFTTT:

https://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=8039&fbclid=IwAR2AEyYxxnPJ0UkHQsy8XQN8eW4sZSrXi...

Juviena_P

Wemo Technical Support