WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Control wemo switch by temperature?

Well I have a WiFi Thermostat (Honeywell) that can monitor inside temps and of course can turn the Heater and AC on and off. I would like to use a WeMo plug to control a window mount Evaporative cooler for times when the AC is not needed.

I can manually monitor interior temps and turn the unit on and off but was hoping to automate the two together....will Alexa do this (she sees both) or will I need another app....if at all possible

WEMO Maker Inventor

[ Edited ]

A 3M50 thermostat?  I've got an app that enables automation through a CT30, CT80, or 3M50:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mpp.android.thermostat.  When you combine it with AutomationManager 4 IoT running as a hub you can use the interior or exterior temperature to trigger automation like controlling a wemo device.

It might be possible to do something with IFTTT but I've not tried it myself.  I'm not sure about alexa either but I don't think so.

That's interesting Mike

I could use that facility so I'll look up those thermostats. I've already got Automation Manager for IoT and have been using it for years and it operates both my WeMos and TP Links faultlessly. Never a problem.

Insofar as IFTTT is concerned, well I've never tried it as Automation Manager for IoT with its fantastic set of rules performs all the complex logical functions I need. And from what I've read on these pages, with IFTTT I'd be waiting for my heating to turn on a week after a cold spell!

Regards

Pete

Highlighted
WEMO Maker Inventor

Sounds good - make sure you get the wifi versions, they also have bluetooth versions that won't work - they're the same thermostat but they use different adapters (and protocols!) for communication.