WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Control wemo switch by temperature?

I have a window unit in my house that is connected to a wemo switch which allows me to turn the a/c unit on or off.

I am trying to find a better way to control the unit by temperature (i.e turn off at 72 degrees, turn on at 68 degrees)

Is there a way to control it by tempertaure when it turn on and off? Or is there a different model I need?

Re: Control wemo switch by temperature?

WeMo of course has no ability to detect temperature so you will need some other device to do that. If you use something that integrates with IFTTT to do that, you can use it to switch your WeMo On and Off.

Any suggestions on something to use?

WirelessTags work directly with Wemos or via IFTTT

I looked at Wireless tags but needing the controller as well makes it something I dont want.

For that much work I think I will switch to Samsung Smartthings

Still needs a hub if you don't have one... more expensive and nowhere near the range just to name a few...

Wemo needs to connect with Acurite Smart hub, in that crossover will be a solution to these temperature problems. Acurite has now an online weather station that has indoor sensors, and I have been attempting to get someone's attention so that cross communication between these platforms becomes a reality. I would like to use my indoor temperature sensor and outdoor temperature sensor data to control my whole house fan on and off modes. It would make more sense though to somehow make a more direct connection between these devices than to use a third party such as IFTTT.

exactly what i am looking for as well. Any answers now over a year later? Anyone have any updates? Thank you.

WEMO Maker Inventor

It seems belkin does not.  I do have an update:  AutomationManager supports the sonoff DHT (temperature sensor) from ITEAD:  ESP8266 support.  This allows you to measure temperature (and humidity) to create local automation as needed.