WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Manager

Re: Deleted rule, but all the lights are still functioning the same

Hi Phil,

Yep.  That all seems to be part of the same overall issue.  The two iOS devices aren't updating their rules lists like they should.

Regards,

Robert S.

Belkin Technical Support

I am glad to hear that you have found the bug. I did do a reset of all the devices. Which did not clear the issue. Light was still coming on at random times (had the vacation mode set). So what I ended up doing is creating a rule that turns the light off and on for about 15 minutes. This has worked.

Here is hoping to a fix and fix soon!

WEMO Maker Inventor

Disclaimer: I did not read other posts.

I have had this problem in the past and realized that I was closing the app too soon after deleting the rule and therefore the device did not receive the rule change (since rules are stored locally on device). 

Waiting until I no longer see internet activity tic/tac spinning on my phone before closing the app worked for me.

-G

I came across this post from a few months bask. Roberts_S indicated a bug report is open and engineering is working on a fix.  I was wondering if there has been any progress?

I have what I suspect is a variant of this issue.  Here is a detailed description of what is happening.

1. My network is stable. All WeMo devices are upgraded to the latest firmware. My control device (Galaxy S4) is running Android 4.4.2. All functions of the app are working correctly. All rules are displayed correctly on the S4. Basically, everything is as it should be and I'm a happy camper.

2. This evening, my S4 needed a factory reset for another issue unrelated to WeMo. 

3. While the S4 was out of commission, all WeMo devices continue to go on and off following the rules I had set up prior to the factory reset on the S4. This is a good thing and appears to work as designed. The rules are stored in the devices and they continue to work even if the control device stops working. Bravo Belkin!

4.  The factory reset on the S4 is completed and the Wemo app reinstalled. Upon opening the app, all WeMo devices reappear in the device list and can be controlled. However, the rules list is now blank. I enable remote access, but the rules list remains blank.

5. I set up a second device and access the network.  The results are identical.  I can see all the WeMo devices and turn them on and off, but the rules list is empty.

I would think by design the App should read the rules from each device and repopulate the rules list on the controlling device. But this is not happening.

I understand that I can reset each Wemo to clear the rules that are stored in them and then recreate the rules on my control device as a workaround. But that's not the point.  I should not HAVE to do this. The App should pole the devices on the network, read the rules that are stored on them, and re-populate the apps rule list. Can someone confirm that this is the way the app should work and the Belkin is working on it as part of the rules issues that have already been identified in this thread.

For those who are about to write "Please reset all your devices, reset your router, remove and reinstall your app" please stop and re-read the details above.

Thank you

I have this same problem.  Resetting is not an option.  I have over twenty of these wemos.  This app has had so many problems from the start.  I'm disappointed and disgusted at the quality of the app and the support that goes along with it.  Please address and resolve this issue through the software and stop asking people to reset and recreate their rules.  If I wanted to do that, it will be easier to just manually turn these devices on and off myself.  

any update or resolution for this issue? as i have one LED that is stuck using an old rule while the rest are using the new ones..

I bought a WeMo Link kit with bulbs on Black Friday. It arrived the first week of December. Once I got the Link setup and rules written, I noticed my other devices (iPads and wife's iphone) no longer show the Rules. My iPhone (the one that setup the Link) still shows the rules. I am still able to edit the rules but all other devices the rules are missing. I have deleted and reinstalled the app but as others have said, that does nothing to fix the issue.

Any updates from Belkin on a fix?

What iOS/Android versions did you use? Can the iPad and your wife's iPhone detect the WEMO devices?

Robert_S wrote:

Hi Phil,

Yep.  That all seems to be part of the same overall issue.  The two iOS devices aren't updating their rules lists like they should.

Regards,

Robert S.

Belkin Technical Support

Robert_S

Any formal update on this bug?

Community Manager

Unfortunately not at the moment.  There is a bunch of redesign going on with the functionality of different aspects of the App at the moment and this (rule behavior) is a portion of it.  

Regards,

Robert S.

Belkin Technical Support