WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Deleted rule, but all the lights are still functioning the same

I am in favor of redesign,  hope reliability is thought through too.    I spend more time keeping WEMO going than hours in the day. 

Anonymous

Sometimes you don't want to see these issues but at least I am glad to see I am not the only one.

Twice in the past 45 days I have had to uninstall and re-install my Wemo app in order to clear up data on my Android Phone so I could see all the devices.  I do not know what is going on here but that's not a big deal.

What I did not like, however, is finding after doing that, and updating the software on a new Wemo light switch that suddenly all my rules were gone.

I powerful feature that needs to be implemented to the software is some way of backing up your rules.  Put all other thougts aside for a moment of the rules being in the Wemo devices.  Having your rules backed up would allow you to completely reset a device back to factory but then bringing it back online with the same device name as before and then open and save your rules.  Rule restore, however, would have to be selective.

Your post is from last year and I still do not see a fix.  Nor has any app update addressed this problem.

I have been a wemo cheerleader and user for years, but this is not helping my enthusiasm.

We need a fix!  What is taking so long.

I have done everything except wiping my phone back to factory settings.  Still, my lights come on when they should not.

LET'S GO PEOPLE.  FIX IT.

Your post is a year old.  Have you come up with a difinitive answer?

Expert

@jaysax1 Hi! Let's get someone from our team help you. Please PM me your contact details (Name, Phone, Email Address, Location) and we'll have our support team look into this.

I will send you the info, but I'm not sure how to be keep my info private.  Please advise.  Thanks.

I am seeing that this has not been fixed and its been a year since it was posted the issue was discovered during testing.  The WEMO itself houses the rule and it continues to run even though the rule has been disabled and/or deleted from the app.  Surely after a year this has been resolved? If you have any additional information please provide that to me, so I don't have to completely reset my device and reinstall, etc.  

Thanks

2 years after the last comment and 3 years after the first comment this is still an issue. I created a rule as a test of netcam motion. I then deleted the rule (using Android Wemo App) and today my living room light is coming on when motion is detected on the netcam which is no longer in my living room.

I have a bunch of wemo devices. Which device is holding this rule? Resetting the netcam is no biggie, but I 100% do not want to reset all my devices trying to track this thing down. That would take a stupid amount of time and resetting the bulbs is a huge pain in the butt.

Why is this still happening? 3 years after the problem has been discovered and it's still occuring. All of my devices are on the newest firmware.

@jnevill

Do you still remember the exact Wemo device where you setup the rule? What handheld device did you set it? We'll isolate this first before we recommend a workaround. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

It's been a while since I chimed in...but my WeMos continue to "forget" their rules and I have to push them EVERY MORNING from my phone by disabling one, and then turning it back on. The rules are still in my app, but the WeMos are losing them. EVERY DAY. The bug was introduced in the last firmware upgrade. I look forward to a fix!