WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Devices constantly not detected

I’m experiencing virtually the same issues with four different Wemo devices (one switch, one dimmer, two mini switches). Sometimes detectable, often not. Alexa has no problem seeing & controlling all devices and rules I set up with Wemo continue to operate even though devices may not be detectable.

Making me second-guess my decision to go with Wemo devices...

@mtrob326 wrote:
I’m experiencing virtually the same issues with four different Wemo devices (one switch, one dimmer, two mini switches). Sometimes detectable, often not. Alexa has no problem seeing & controlling all devices and rules I set up with Wemo continue to operate even though devices may not be detectable.

We understand your sentiments towards this matter, mtrob326. What's the LED light status of the Wemo devices if it's undetected by the Wemo app? Also, may we know how often or how many times in a day the Wemo devices are undetected by the app? Were you able to try using another handheld device? If not, you may try that workaround so we can check and observe if that'll make any changes. Please do make sure that the firmware version of the Wemo devices and the app version is up-to-date. 

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

LED status is either solid on or solid off, depending upon the on/off state of the device. I confirmed that the same devices show detected or undetected on my wife’s iPhone, and when I called support, they confirmed on one of the devices that the firmware rev is up to date.

This behavior recurs many times during the day. I did notice that when I checked the status remotely, all devices were detected, although that could have been a coincidence.

Apparently it’s not a coincidence, as I just ran an experiment after I posted my last message. When I tried accessing via the cellular network, all devices were detected. I then went back to my local WiFi, and some seemingly-random set of the devices were no longer detected.

This is happening to us too. Wemo has been working for a few years. Updated Wemo app and iPhone. Now Wemo shows as undetected in app but only turns on/off with Alexa commands. But we can’t set timer on it. We have tried s few of the suggestions in other posts but still not right.

Got that, mtrob326. We'd like to verify the network setup you have. Do you have a range extender or access point that you're connecting to? If so, make sure that they are on the same SSID name as the router/modem. Make sure as well that when you connect to the network, it should be on the same network where the Wemo devices are connected. If the issue still persists, let's have this checked by our escalation engineers, so they can provide further diagnosis on this case. Just send us these following details: 

• Name/Username
  • Contact number

Thank you.

++Klenard. Hi there. You may also try the necessary workarounds mentioned on this thread. If you've already executed it, we encourage you to send us an email as well. Thank you.

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

No range extender, just an integrated cable modem/router. The Wemo devices and my iPhone are all on the same SSID name. I’ve worked with a Level 2 support person and we’ve tried resetting a bunch of things, including taking the devices back to factory default and reinstalling, with no change in behavior. Case number 10526634.

This is normal behavior for WeMo products they are unreliable and constantly disconnect they do constantly collect information and upload it when they are able to connect and the mobile app is just blot where why is it almost 200 megabytes in hardly works why can't we access the devices directly from our computer these devices are poorly designed for the consumer from the software end they are pretty much designed to collect data and spy on us

Same problems here. Also adding a new device ALWAYS make one other get dropped and has to be rest and setup all over again. Linking to Google Home now crashes since adding new wemo switch so now it's all dead. Seriously wish I never bothered with this Smart stuff because it's rather stupid and no real Smart at all.