[ Edited ]

Thanks Kathy for the response.

Did you replace with anything?

I have NO resolution at all.

All I have is lost time and money.

I hope no one else buys these!

WEMO Maker Inventor

Re: Devices not detected

Before throwing them out I'd suggest you try an aftermarket app.  There's a few free ones and there's my paid one (link is in my signature) and I offer email support with it.  Sometimes I'm able to help get the things going.

Pamela, thank you for the suggestions, I moved the switch to a different outlet, then power cycled the router, now all my 6 WeMo devices are detected.

Highlighted

Horrible product. CS is a waste of countless hours/days of my life. I am away and once again remote access not working. Lights are on day and night. And YES...I have rules set to turn them off in the daytime. Francis just keeps saying they should be working....they work for us...ha ha!!!

For the past couple months, I've been having problems where my wemo devices are not showing up in the app. They can still be controlled by my google home speakers though. I had a power outage and they all dissapeared and not all of them ever came back. I changed to a new phone and they all dissapeared again. It's bad enough you have to try to get the devices back everytime there is a power outage or if you change phones, but they don't come back. 

From reading this thread, this does seem like a recent thing. Its been so frustrating, I've actually started replacing my Wemo dimmers with Leviton dimmer switches. My thoughts:

1) Leviton is a bit more difficult to install. Primarily because you have to get your own neutral wire if you are installing 3-way and 4-way switches.

2) The Leviton device setup was much more stable than Wemo. When I installed Wemo devices it didn't always go through first shot, and I would often have to re-start the app. Leviton setup went through first shot. 

3) Leviton switches support 3-way and 4-way switches which is awesome.

4) Overall the app + switches are really stable. At least compared to Wemo devies.

I contacted support and was basically told that the devices not showing was a known issue and they are working on it and to look for an update. 

My conclusion is that I basically should have just installed Leviton switches from the beginning.  Wemo has been a huge waste of money and time. 

[ Edited ]

We understand that, machine_automat. However, we can still have this taken care of by our Escalation Engineers for further diagnosis with your issues. Please email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following details:

• Full Name
  • Phone Number
  • Location - City/State
  • Community Username
  • Link to this Community thread

We'll be looking forward to your email.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

I'm confused, aren't these things supposed to work remotely and are for home "security"? But when needed they are "not detected". Home security REQUIRES reliability! I have 3 weemo switches at my condo in Florida. The two older switches worked fine for the last year....even controlling things while I was in Europe. This year I added a wemo mini to control a camera. All worked great for about a month even remotely from 2,000 miles away. Then the app started saying "device not detected" on the mini. A few weeks later the other, older wemo switches showed "not detected" too. I know the power and wifi are good as I can see other devices on my network remotely. I need something that's reliable......is this it? Maybe not! What do I do?

@dmd3home wrote:
I'm confused, aren't these things supposed to work remotely and are for home "security"? But when needed they are "not detected". Home security REQUIRES reliability! I have 3 weemo switches at my condo in Florida. The two older switches worked fine for the last year....even controlling things while I was in Europe. This year I added a wemo mini to control a camera. All worked great for about a month even remotely from 2,000 miles away. Then the app started saying "device not detected" on the mini. A few weeks later the other, older wemo switches showed "not detected" too. I know the power and wifi are good as I can see other devices on my network remotely. I need something that's reliable......is this it? Maybe not! What do I do?

Please make sure the firmware is updated. Try to use a different handheld device with an updated Wemo app to check if the issue still persist.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

I have 12 WeMo devices and have continued to be frustrated with the exact same issues as everyone else in this thread. For over a year now my devices routinely will not show in the app when connected to my home WiFi and will only appear after power cycling them.

Until a couple months ago they would show if I would disconnect from my home WiFi to access them remotely via cellular but now they don’t show at all.

Alexa and IFTT will still operate the switches.

The WeMo app has become totally useless to me. I have a couple of cheap Chinese outlet switches that work just as good and only cost $5. Might as well have those when the app is useless.