WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Devices not detected

I turn my lights and lamps on and off all the time when I am out of the house. Now that I am travelIng, I went to the app to turn on my house lights, and NONE of them are detected on the app!! This is not the first time this has happened. So frustrating. My house will now be dark. What is happening?

Re: Devices not detected

@KathyB

What's the model # of your Wemo device/s? Were you able to make sure that your devices are working fine on your local network? With regard to this matter, it'd be best if we can isolate this locally.

For now, try to Force Close your Wemo App and check if it'll make any progress. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

I have no idea what the model numbers are...I’m away from home. I’ve had them for a few years and will toss them all in the trash when I get home. They are not dependable and I’m tired of this happening. 😞
Expert

There are factors that could be the reason why your Wemo devices aren't detected, KathyB. For the mean time, you can check if the Remote Access is enabled on the app itself. Apart from that, it could also be that the router isn't online which made your Wemo devices not to be detected by the app. A power outage can also a cause for this scenario as the default state of Wemo devices after a power outage is Off for security reasons.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support

Uh, what? After a power outage all WeMo devices will reboot and reconnect to the network automatically, and will be available for remote access. Plugs, switches, and the dimmer will have their state set to off but can be toggled on remotely at any time. Bulbs on the WeMo Link will power on to full brightness because they can’t tell the difference between someone toggling the switch and a power outage (which can be somewhat alarming if you have a brief power hiccup at 4 in the morning).

If I have a power outage when I am away from home, my WEMO Insight Timers/switches show uo as "Not Detected" on my iPhone, and will not properly function until I am home and my iPhone is on the same wifi network.

marc

[ Edited ]

Hello, marc515. This is actually a normal behavior of the Wemo Insight since the default state after a power outage is OFF. The switch won't be able to reconnect to the network automatically that's why you can't detect it. You may need to reconnect them again before you can control them remotely.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support
WEMO Maker Inventor

Dennis_B wrote:

Hello, marc515. This is actually a normal behavior of the Wemo Insight since the default state after a power outage is OFF. The switch won't be able to reconnect to the network automatically that's you can detect your devices. You may need to reconnect them again before you can control them remotely.

Come on Dennis, this is just plain wrong.   This is NOT normal behavior (except for being OFF after a power outage).  If the insights are working correctly when power returns they should restart and reconnect to the network.

If it's necessary to go back on site and reconnect them to the wifi signal manually you've introduced a serious (as in severity 1) bug.

Hi Kathy, I two started to experience a similar issue around the same time, although this occurs both on local network and remotely. I have sent in two reports to tech support with no response.

Quite dissappointed that this product has failed in this manner.

This is not an app issue but a firmware issue with the switch. 

I have done several factory resets and go through the steps to connect the lifght. I make it through the setup with it freezing when connecting the switch to the network. then it adds the light but shows the device is not detected, yet still performs the routines to turn on and off at set times.

I have the same problem lately too