WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Devices not detected

Seems like it's the app related problem..... I've been using these light switches, smart plug for over a year and it just starting to see these problems come up recently

What workarounds have you done so far, Dyip? Was there any power outage that happened that may have caused this? Have you tried accessing it on other handheld devices and check if it also shows the devices as not detected? Please update this thread so we can assist you further.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

The only reason to buy wemo insight switches is to turn on my adax heaters when it is very cold in a house I did not visit often  during winter months.Several days ago with the help of my relative we checked the remote access and wemo devices worked fine.A day or two later wemo switches disappeared/not detected/Now I have to travel 400 km to see what happened.I am sure the reason could not be power outage or wifi problem as I have other devices working perfectly like Hue Lights or iSmartalarm sensors there.Anybody suggest what can be done remotely if it is possible?

I have had the same thing happen over and over again while I was traveling – my lights were “not detected” and there was nothing I could do about it remotely. My solution? I had an electrician remove all the light switches and replace them with another brand. End of problem!

Oh,God it’s a miracle.My wemos are back.This was my first thought when I suddenly saw on the screen of my iPhone that both devices appeared again after hiding for some days.Then I decided that is because of my post here.And looked again and one of them still there,the other again in the dark.So what happens,as I scheduled them to work on night shift from 22.00 till 06.00 everyday, if cannot access remotely.

What brand KathyB,if not secret.TP Link?

The latest firmware update broke the Wemo mini, it doesn’t show up in the app on the local network shows “Device not detected”. I tried to reset it but that is not working.

BTW, I have TP-link switches at another location and never had problems with them. Unfortunately I invested so much in my Wemo devices it is costly to replace them all.

Hi, pacsailor_1.
Try to relocate the Wemo mini to a different power outlet. Force close, and uninstall and reinstall the Wemo App. BTW, what's the LED behavior of the device?

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support

I have this same issue with my 5 Wemo smart plugs.  On any given day, 1 out of the 5 can report as not detected on my iPhone's Wemo app.  Amazon's Alexa has no problem finding and toggling them on and off when the Wemo app says it can't detect them, though.  I have to unplug and replug the switch in order for the Wemo app to find it again.  I want to buy wifi light switches, preferably Wemo since I already have their switches but I am not sure I can trust Wemo at this point to work all the time without some physical intervention by me.

Hi, cheesesteak. Allow us to sort this out. Please check if the firmware version is updated on each device. Also, consider power cycling your router as it may have something to do with the wireless channels. If the issue persists, shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your full name, phone number, location, and link to this community thread.

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support