WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Devices not detected

I have five smart plugs.  Three of them were offline this morning when I woke up.  Four hours later they came back online.  I didn't do anything.  Four of the five have firmware version WeMo_WW_2.00.11054.PVT-OWRT-SNS.  One has firmware version WeMo_WW_2.00.11036.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2.

I don't see any option that lets me manually check for a later firmware version.  As I mentioned in my previous post, when the WeMo app says these pugs are offline, Amazon's Echo has no problem reaching them either through Alexa's voice commands or through the Alexa iPhone app.

This problem has manifested itself on my devices since the last two updates.  I have been managing the devices from Amazon Kindle using a 2.4gHz network. Amazon Echo sees and controls the devices without a problem. Now I can only manage them through my Samsung Android phone - none of the devices appear in the tablet but they all appear and are manageable through the Phone.

It seems to me that it is a versioning issue with the underlying Android operating system and the code that is being pumped out in the latest upgrades.

I have all the same issues and am so tired of calling and wasting MY time to try and fix to have the same issues over and over.   The worst is I went to all the expense to have them installed. I have 4 switches & 2 plugs so I could access remotely.  They do not work on a consistant basis and defeats the whole pupose of having these switches. And if you send me new switches not only will I have to pay to have them installed they will most likely have the same issues. I have Nest and Ring products that work seamlessly.  What is the issue with these switches?  I wish you would be honest and just say they are not reliable so we could all move on and get a product that does what was promised.  If there is a fix we would all like to know. And yes, all my products have the most current firmware.

Hi, All. Allow us to turn thing around. We'll escalate your case to our 2nd Level Support Team for further diagnosis. Please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your full name, phone number, location, username, and link to this thread.

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support

Pamela thank you for reaching out. I have dealt with level 2 before. I will send an email to try again.  It gets old finding the time to do this over and over. I will give it one more shot but replacing and reinstalling all new WEMO's  is not an option for me.  You cannot tell me that I have 4 defective switches in the wall that were bought at different stores.It just does not make common sense and sometimes the customer support lacks that.  Easy to send out new devices and have us do all the work.  I wish your product was reliable.

No problem! We do understand your sentiment, Leslie. We've tried pulling out your records and it shows that you've contacted our Level 1 Support Team before. Rest assured that our 2nd Level Support Team can pretty much isolate your problem here. We'll be waiting for your email then.

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support

I sent the email.  I was told I was dealing with a Level 2 the last time. After spending some time with a Level 1, I was transferred...I have a technology background so I understand how this works. Do not appreciate them telling me something not true about their position.  Also, I have sent numerous reports in from the mobile app with never a response.

Look forward to a resolution.

Same problem on my side.
Last week everything was fine but Thiago week I lost contact with WEMO Switch.
It's not the first time.
Wemo is not stable!

After 2.5 hours on the phone I am NO better off.  I spent over 2.5 hours with a supposed level 2 tech Dennis and he did nothing but give me incorrect information. I finally got to another supervisor who said her name was Mary ID #26695 who listened to my issue and put me on hold for 15 minutes. And never came back on the line or called me back.

This is absolutely the worst customer support ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have wasted so much time and money on this.
You should not treat people like this.

Wemo light switches in my house have been removed by my electrician and thrown in the trash.