WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

EXTREME SAFETY HAZARD // CrockPot

[ Edited ]

Since the iOS 1.20 update, the WeMo app does not correctly set the state of the crockpot after it is toggled with the app. The app indicates the crockpot is off even if it is heating on high! Tapping the disclosure arrow to open the timer for the CrockPot seems to refresh the state of the device, but this needs to be done for every push of the power state button in the app. Otherwise the heating state is always wrong.

This is a really great way to cause severe injury or a fire. Let’s skip the usual “does it was working before fine” and “endorse to second tier,” Belkin.

I need this fixed immediately.

Re: EXTREME SAFETY HAZARD // CrockPot

Hi Airmandan. Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you. We understand your concern about this matter. Our engineers are already aware and are working on a solution, but we don't have a lead time yet. For the time being, please continue to refresh the page to get accurate reading. 

Zeb_10124
WEMO Technical Support

Refreshing the page does nothing. Only expanding the disclosure triangle for the device forces an update.

This is unacceptable, and a fire hazard. The safety of human life is being put at risk by Belkin’s negligence in this matter.

I demand this issue be fixed by the end of next week.

[ Edited ]

Hello airmandan

We've both been contributing to these pages for a long time and it seems that you're soldiering on with the Crockpot issue alone, so I just wanted to give you some support and perhaps encourage some others to comment.

It is very dangerous situation and you are right to bring it to the attention of the community. However, we both know that you are unlikely to get a resolution anytime soon. With Belkin always going on about the matter of WeMos defaulting to the "off" state for safety after a power outage (nonsense IMO), the likely remedy might be: "switch your power breaker off then on again and your Crockpot will be off and safe".

I suspect that silence will follow from the Belkin team, perhaps with their hoping that the problem will be forgotten. I hope to be proven wrong, but I'll never know unless a remedy is posted on these pages as I'm in the UK and we can't get the Crockpot here.

Regards

Pete