WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Enabled Rules not working

I have set the lightbulb in my bedroom to turn on and off at various times. Lately it has refused to work. I have tried both the away option and the by time option, but neither works. I don't know where to begin, advice please.

Re: Enabled Rules not working

Hi, Lovejoy! Can you turn it on/off using the WEMO app? You can try to delete and recreate the rules. Check also if the bulb and link are running on the latest firmware.  BTW, what's the model number of the bulb?

Irish_16855
WEMO Technical Support
Highlighted

Same issue here. And yes, I can turn the device on and off from the App. Just on the timers it doesnt work. 

Hi, kiwibri. We replied to your other post. 

Jay-15354

WEMO Technical Support

I recently bought 2 WeMo switches.  Set up was not a problem and I can manually turn lights on and off with the WeMo app.  My problem is with the Rules not working.  I'm using the On Until Time rule:  one rules turns on at the correct time but does not turn off.  One rule does not work at all.  Both of these state Active during the time they should be running.  My location is set up correctly.  My rules do not conflict with each other.  I have reset the switch, reloaded the app, deleted and reloaded the rules, and set up the rules while on the same wifi network.  Still they do not work.

Hi, ssgriff. We responded to your other post. Please refer to this link to the other community thread. 

Jay-15354

WEMO Technical Support 

Been using the same ON/OFF rules on my LED bulbs for months without major problems. Since 3-4 days ago, the ON/OFF rules (I have two for two sets of LED bulb) don't work anymore. I have resetted a bulb, resetted and even changed the position the Link, recreated the rules. Nothing work. The Manual ON/OFF and my Wemo switches do works though. 

Expert

[ Edited ]

@mapoisson . Why don't we give it a shot again? Let's manually restore to its default settings the WEMO bulb to make sure that it's properly reset. To do this, check out this link. By the way, once you've successfully reset the device, you will only have four (4) minutes to pair it to a WEMO Link. If you do not pair the WEMO bulb back to the WEMO Link during this time, you will need to repeat the reset steps again. Let us know how it goes. 

Regards, 

Ethel_10700

WEMO Technical Support 

So what's the solution? Rules not working on both stupid bulbs! Try reset link, bulbs and apps nothing works. I can turn on/off from app but can't create any rules that work!

@kasaputra

Email us at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have this checked by our Level 2 Support team. Please include the following details on your email:

-Phone Number

-Username

-Wemo Firmware version

-Wemo App version

-Link to this thread

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support