WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
WEMO Maker Inventor

Re: GOOGLE ASSISTANT NOT WORKING

Clearly belkin's fault, google assistant is working fine.  They've either broken something in their cloud servers or more likely they've crashed due to the extra load from their xmas sales.  Belkin support typically doesn't try to verify your problem when you report, they use canned responses (reboot, reinstall app, reset wemo device, etc).  Multiple similar complaints usually does eventually get their attention (except for app/device setup issues, frequently losing devices and rules, and firmware update failures...).  Good luck!

Mike
Reliable and secure (Belkin cloud-free) home automation and remote access:
AutomationManager/HomeBridge/WemoLEDs/WemoHome/MoreInfo

It might be on Google's end, so might not be much that WeMo can do at those moment. Especially during a holiday.

I'll just have to go back to use the app to control things instead of voice... Like some sort of savage.

[ Edited ]

I have 40 plus smart devices at home, across 6 manufacturers, all are working fine in Google Home EXCEPT ALL of my 4 Wemo devices.

Same issue here.  My Google Home Mini suddenly was unable to connect to WeMo starting last night (12/30).  Like some of the other posters, I tried unlinking WeMo from my Home app, now I can't relink it.  I can still turn my outlets on and off using the WeMo, but c'mon, where's the fun in that??

@jjwrynn wrote:

Same issue here.  My Google Home Mini suddenly was unable to connect to WeMo starting last night (12/30).  Like some of the other posters, I tried unlinking WeMo from my Home app, now I can't relink it.  I can still turn my outlets on and off using the WeMo, but c'mon, where's the fun in that??

PS my problems started before I updated my WeMo firmware.  I saw an update was available in the WeMo app, so tried loading it - didn't help, still can't relink.

Down for me too and flakey for a few days. Happens multiple times per year. This is unacceptable for a production level home automation system people depend on.

Fix and improve your cloud api endpoint Belkin!

Hey Google, turn off the lights... Nope! Wemo is broken again.

We know it started about the time they were pushing a firmware update, but like someone else the problem started before I updated. The fact it works in the WeMo app and also with Amazon Alexa points to the problem being specific to the Google Home.

Same problem here. Seems the wemo updates screwed up communication with google assistant/ home. Where are you wemo?

So what is the solution? I've got google working on it and supposed to call me Wednesday!!