WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google Home today "sorry I couldn't reach WeMo"

So it has worked fine for months, then today... Google Home is all "sorry I couldn't reach WeMo" but will happily do every other command I throw at it. Anyone else having issues?

Re: Google Home today "sorry I couldn't reach WeMo"

Hi @leonardlopess, let's look into this further. Did you experience any power outage recently? What's the LED status of your Wemo device? Have you tried doing a power cycle to your Wemo device? If you haven't, try to do that. See if it'll fix the issue. Also, can you still control your Wemo device using your Wemo app? Did you update the firmware of your Wemo device?

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support

Same problem for me. After updating firmware over the weekend, google home no longer works with Wemo. Google assistant on my samsung phone works, Wemo app works, but google home doesn't.

@AustinT,

May we know the model number of your WeMo device and its current firmware? Can you clarify what device updated its firmware, is it the Goole Home or the WeMo device?

For a workaround, try to disable then re-enable remote access on the WeMo app. You can also try to re-associate the WeMo device to Google Home.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

Model F7C063. Firmware WeMo_WW_2.00.11143.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2.
Firmware was updated on Wemo device. I have disable and re-enable remote access as well as re- associate Wemo device to Google home and still no luck. Once again, Google assistant works fine but not Google home.

Let's have our Escalation Engineers look into this, AustinT. To proceed, please send an email to WemoCares@belkin.com with your username, the link to this post, and your contact details (name, city/state, and phone number).

Reil – 22071
Wemo Technical Support