WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google Home won't link via wta.xwemo.com

Hi,
I have Wemo bulbs in my house which I have successfully set up and connected to the Wemo app.I am now trying to link my Wemo link and bulbs to Google home but the wta.xwemo.com "utility" (?) never successfully connects/links/verifies. I have remote connection enabled through the Wemo app. The 1st attempt to verify fails, so then I enter my SSID and MAC of the link and that fails too. The attempts fail so quickly it's hard to know if they are even trying! I have reset the Wemo devices, and reset my phone with no luck.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.
Alan

Re: Google Home won't link via wta.xwemo.com

Alan.....supposedly the WEMO bulbs will not connect with GH...only the switches and outlets. Belkin is stopping production of the bulbs and that may be why.

What! Have Belkin announced this? Given my experience so far with the product, and in particular the app, this would turn me right off investing in Wemo into the future. Even if they are getting out if bulbs (I actually think smart switches do make more sense) they should still show respect for their existing customer base.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Please see the following links:

Wemo LED product support

http://community.wemo.com/t5/News-and-Announcements/A-note-about-Wemo-LED-products/m-p/33683#U33683

Google Home support

http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=224185

Regards,

Robert S.

Wemo Support

WEMO Maker Inventor

FWIW AutomationManager will allow you to control the bulbs with voice using alexa or google home through IFTTT (or stringify).  If you add WemoLEDs you'll be able to set level and color temperature.  If there's enough interest I could add color commands.

Hi Robert

Can you please confirm that led bulbs will never be added to google home?

Also confirm that wemo alexa skill only works for USA wemo links? Earlier this month I asked people reporting wemo alexa skills started to work with led bulbs and those who were able to make it work were only USA. How about customers outside USA with amazon echos any hope for us?

Thanks

I have 3 light switches, pairing gets to ready to verify and cant find the switches, remote access is on. They have escalated it to engineering (google.) Lets see what happens.