WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Having problem with Nighthawk router ????

We installed a new router- a Nighthawk R7000. In the process of reconnecting our devices, our Wemos switches will not connect? We get stuck on the devices cloud, where the phone app cannot connect to our 2.4ghz cloud.

Did anyone else have a similar problem?

Plzzzzz help asap...????????

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Re: Having problem with Nighthawk router ????

@KuldeepM wrote:

We installed a new router- a Nighthawk R7000. In the process of reconnecting our devices, our Wemos switches will not connect? We get stuck on the devices cloud, where the phone app cannot connect to our 2.4ghz cloud.

Did anyone else have a similar problem?

Plzzzzz help asap...????????

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi, KuldeepM. The reason why the Wemo devices cannot connect to the newly installed router is because their MAC addresses were saved on the previous router you have. Let's try to manually reset the Wemo device you have. Please check this link and follow the steps given. After resetting the device, the LED light status should be alternating in two colors, which means it is ready to be set up. You may refer on this article to setup your Wemo device properly.

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support
Highlighted

So, if I'm planning on replacing my router, I should somehow disconnect them from my present router before installing the new one? Or, what steps could I take to prevent this problem?

Hi bmwtriker,

Replacing your router or changing its settings will disconnect your Wemo device from the Wi-Fi. Given the situation, the device needs to be reconfigured to the new settings. You can disconnect it first or install a new router before disconnecting. Either way, you still need to reset the Wemo device and reconfigure.

Reynaldo - 22029
Wemo Technical Support