WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Homekit doesn't see WEMO Mini connected to Homekit

I just bought a version 1 WEMO Mini & it doesn't have a QR code anywhere. I also can't find a Homekit 8 digit code on the box, packaging or on the Mini itself. I was easily able to put this Mini on my wife's iPhone 8Plus, but I cannot add it to my iPhone 8Plus Homekit without the code - and, as I said, I don't see a Homekit code anywhere.

Please help.

Re: Homekit doesn't see WEMO Mini connected to Homekit

Hi, BernieoakleyDo you mean to say that you were able to add the Wemo Mini Smart Plug to your wife's Home app but not on yours? The setup guide found here can help you connect the 1st gen Wemo Mini Smart Plug to the Apple Home app.

Reil – 22071
Wemo Technical Support

You're correct about my problem.  The reason I can't connect my iPhone's HomeKit to the connected WEMO Mini Plug is that I cannot find a Homekit code anywhere - not on any of the packaging & not on the back of the Mini.  It appears I need either a QR code or a Homekit code to have my Homekit "see" the Mini Plug that my wife's identical iPhone has already recgnized.

I cannot find that Homekit code - anywhere.  Now what?

Bernieoakley. Are you going to use a different iCloud account? Are you able to control the Wemo devices on your phone's Wemo app? How did you integrate it with your wife's phone? Did it also ask for an Apple Homekit code?

Reynaldo - 22029
Wemo Technical Support

Because of this issue with the WEMO Mini Plug, my wife & I now share an iCloud account.  The Mini works fine with the WEMO app on my wife's iPhone (the Mini also works on my iPhone using the WEMO app) & she was able to add it to her HomeKit with no problem.  I was never asked for a HomeKit code or to scan a QR code when adding the device to my wife's iPhone HomeKit.  The first iPhone to connect with the Mini has no problem being added to HomeKit without being asked for a code or to scan a QR code.  

The 2nd iPhone that tries to connect to HomeKit requires the scanning of a HomeKit code or a QR code.  If there was a HomeKit code on the packaging or instruction sheet (or a QR code), my problems would probably be over.

I have been able to connect with the Mini through the WEMO app.  When I go to the link "Connect To Our Smart Home Partners", I find the Mini plug is "Connected." Your instructions about "Add Accessories" has as point 2 these instructions: 

"2. Use the camera on your iOS device to scan the eight-digit HomeKit code, or QR code on the accessory or accessory documentation."  My accessory does not have the symbol on it indicating that I can place my iPhone near the accessory to add it.

Apparently, I need a HomeKit code or a QR code to scan.  I'm unable to get the WEMO Mini associated with Apple HomeKit on the 2nd iPhone until I have one of these 2 items.  Is every HomeKit code unique for every device?

After installing the Mini on my iPhone initially I re-set the Mini & started over yesterday. All that I accomplished was having the Mini on my wife's iPhone HomeKit instead of mine.  The first iPhone works great.  I have been unable to add the device to the 2nd iPhone - because your instructions tell me to scan the HomeKit code or the QR code which I don't have.

I am trying to follow YOUR instrcutions.

an additional question:

In order for the WEMO Mini Plug to be seen in the HomeKit of two iPhones do both iPhones have to be logged into the same AppleID?  Wew are sharing an iCloud account, but my wife & I each have our own AppleID (I assume most married couples are setup this way).

My problem was a HomeKit sharing issue.  Once I invited my wife to join my HomeKit, the device showed uo on both iPhones.

thanks for your patience with me.