WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I add more LEDs to an existing Link?

I have been using the Link package with the two included LEDs and this works well. Now I bought two more LEDs and want to add these to the Link.

However, the current IOS Wemo App does not have this as an option under "More".

How is it done?

LeffeW

Re: How do I add more LEDs to an existing Link?

It is a little tricky, but with persistence you can get it. Open the Wemo App and Add devices. If you dont see the new bulbs when svanning, yoh can do a reset which is 5 on and 5 off cycles of 3 seconds when it blinks 3 times its reset and your link should then see it. I recommend doing 1 at a time though. I added 6 GE bulbs to my WEMO link, they were 2 for $25 with a hub, but i dont like mixing hubs..so i unplugged the WINK hubs reset the bulbs and was able to add to my WEMO LINK

Well, my problem is that in the latest version of the IOS App I cannot find any "Add Devices."

There is a line under More that says Add A Wemo Device but that seems to be only a heading for the tutorial on the next line.

LeffeW

@LeffeW wrote:

Well, my problem is that in the latest version of the IOS App I cannot find any "Add Devices."

LeffeW

Yup.. I had the same problem. Ended up using an android version of the app. The weird thing is that the "Add Devices" option was not always absent. I have no idea how I managed to get it back (re-install maybe?) but when it did I no longer needed it.

[ Edited ]

Cat LOLI think the app is supposed to scan when that curved arrrow is tapped; however, I agree that is a challenge to get this to happen! Cat LOL

I your existing bulbs are working in Belkin app and your are on Wifi and the "Add WeMo Link Devices" option isn't showing up I would probably try deleting and reinstalling the app.  If that doesn't work and you don't have another device you may need to contact support.

IMG_4948.PNG

A cheap alternate Android option is one of these for around $20.  

k2-_0c29f97e-e0a5-4d63-b43d-a47eaed55786.v1.jpg

[ Edited ]

You, of course, are incorrect, and need to refer to my prior reply! (maybe trolls should be banned from this community?)

Interesting!

And this is how my More screen looks....

Wemo More screen.PNG

Highlighted

Well, I finally had to give up on the IOS App. I borrowed an Android and installed the Wemo App on that and that let me add my two new LEDs

The new LEDs then showed up in the IOS App OK.

I don't know why it did not work with the IOS App, but maybe someone can tell me.

LeffeW

It appears that the WEMO app is up to date since there's no option to update the firmware. I suggest to uninstall it, reboot the iOS device and re-install the App. If there'll be no changes, I agree to contact the Support team to have the situation reported.