WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I create a function for multiple devices for one specific event?

I have several light bulbs and switches that I'd like to be able to adjust, all with individual intensities for when I want to watch a movie for instance. I'd like to be able to have a 1 tap button that would turn a couple of these off, and the others at various dimming levels. In other words, when I want to watch a movie, I could tap one function and these 5 or 6 wemo devices would all be set for that function. I'm stumped where to begin. I have IFTTT but still can't figure out how to do this. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Re: How do I create a function for multiple devices for one specific event?

Hello, WayneH. You can actually create that rule on the Wemo App. Long press rule will turn on and off the device. However, it will not adjust the dimming level. Also, you can create a long press rule on the Wemo switch and dimmer. You may check this link for reference.

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the reply Nestor_C. So, only having a switch for the outside lights, obviously I want left on when I watch a movie. there's no way to have  2 bulbs dim to a lower level and turn the 3rd bulb off with a function of some sort from my app?

@WayneH,

To clarify, do you want your lights to turn off when you watch a movie? Have you tried creating an IFTTT rule for it? Here's a link to show you how.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support