WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: How do i delete a device

I continue to have this issue and it has never been fixed. I suspect this will be an issue that we will have forever. I even worked with their so called IT support to try to resolve it, but they failed to help. In fact they supposedly deleted it at one time and I thought it was gone however it came back and it still there.

The more I think about it, the more I suspect there is some duplicate data on the device itself or on their server that the devices connect to. This is why it cannot handle so many devices on your account. I find that I have to delete every device and completely purge the system way too often in order to get it to work. I have noticed if I do not purge one particular device, and I associated with my account then all the other devices that were completely deleted and purged by deleting the app deleting my account and the leading my HomeKit and deleting my Wemo bridge show up mysteriously as if they were saved on that device.
WEMO Maker Inventor

They're saved in the (secret) account that belkin keeps for you on their cloud.   Only belkin can delete a device for you permanently.  Disappointing to hear that despite this poor design they haven't bothered making their call-in support aware of the issue.  What's worse is belkin occasionally leaks devices between accounts - devices that aren't your own show up in your app, and your devices can show up on other user's accounts.  Belkin tells you to "hide" the wemo but of course that's not the right solution and is quite likely reason for complaints that wemos turn on or off for no reason.  (A search for "unknown devices" or "other people's devices" should show you those threads).